close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validation Show If statement not displaying

Thread began 4/30/2009 5:00 pm by Phil137 | Last modified 5/03/2009 1:17 pm by Phil137 | 2723 views | 3 replies |

Phil137

Validation Show If statement not displaying

I am working on a form with server side validation in php. The form validates the user’s change in profile and then displays one of several hidden tables depending on the fields that were completed. The information is posted to the same page. The problem I am having is when everything has been processed the validation Show If statement will not display a successfully completed message stored in a hidden table. The code below is what I am using; unfortunately, I am unable to get the hidden table to reveal itself after the page has been submitted.
<?php
if (ValidatedField("Profile","Profile")) {
if ((strpos((",".ValidatedField("Profile","Profile").","), "," . "") >= 0)) {
if (!((strpos((",".ValidatedField("Profile","Profile").","), "," . "1" . ",") !== false || "1" == "") || (strpos((",".ValidatedField("Profile","Profile").","), "," . "2" . ",") !== false || "2" == ""))) {
?>
<table width="265" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td width="265" align="left" bgcolor="#FFFFCC" class="red">(Password successfully changed)</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php //WAFV_Conditional Profile.php Profile(:1,2)
}
}
}?>

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Don't use validation show if for this.

Just use:

<?php
if (isset($_POST)) {
?>
<tr>
<td width="265" align="left" bgcolor="#FFFFCC" class="red">(Password successfully changed)</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php
}
?>

Validation show if server behavior will never do anything when no validations fail at all. At that point validations are cleared and it is as if they never happened. The code above will work in that case instead.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Phil137

Thank you for the help. I am not a programmer so it is probably something really simple that I am overlooking. I placed the new script in but now the table displays regardless of the form's success or failure.

My form id is as follows:

<form id="WAATKUpdateFormPS" name="WAATKUpdateFormPS" method="POST" action="<?php echo $editFormAction; ?>">

Do I need to incorporate any elements from the form to enable the code below to reveal itself only upon a successful submission?

<?php
if (isset($_POST)) {
?>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
<?php
}
?>

Phil137

Thanks again Ray for the help.
I got my form to function as it posted a notice of success or failure to the page it is on by incorporating AJAX along with PHP.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...