close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Surveyor wont survey

Thread began 12/13/2009 12:54 am by sexchoc393384 | Last modified 12/29/2009 3:35 pm by Eric Mittman | 2627 views | 5 replies |

sexchoc393384

Surveyor wont survey

Well I should have learnt my lesson the last time I purchased software off you guys...or maybe I just should have read your forums and that would have been enough to discourage me from purchasing dreamweaver extensions from you again. Nevertheless I have gone and paid my money only to find that your surveyor software doesn't seem to work.

I am using Mac osx and Dreamweaver CS3. I installed surveyor and proceeded to create an XML sitemap but the moment you click finish it just comes up with the processing box on the left hand side and does nothing more. Webassist is extremely good at marketing their products but when it comes to having your product actually work they seem to be riddled with problems....I have purchased so many dreamweaver extensions and they all seem to work fine....Every single time I purchase one of yours it all goes to ****. You really shouldn't be selling software that hasn't been properly tried and tested...No wonder you don't offer refunds...Can someone please resolve this problem ASAP so I don't feel ripped off again....

Louie

Sign in to reply to this post

Anna Robinson

We thoroughly test all of our software. It doesn't mean a bug never slips through or that there isn't ever something specific to someone's system that would keep us from discovering the bug in the first place. We also offer a 15-day money back guarantee if you buy an extension or a suite outright so you do have time to try an extension and make sure it meets your needs since we don't offer trials at this time.

I'll leave this thread for Tech Support to address the issue you are experiencing.

jaynesing388467

surveyor won't do a complete upload

I too am having difficulty with this program..One of my sites uploaded correctly and the others just get a couple three pages loaded. I could also use some help in this area. I am using OS x 10.6.2 and CS4

Thank you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sometimes Surveyor can fail to connect to your remote site to inspect all of the pages and create the XML Site map, to work around the problem, you can create a site map from your local files.

For instructions on creating the XML Site map form your local site, see the surveyor getting started guide:
surveyor_gsg.pdf

browse to the Creating your XML Site Map -> Creating an XML site map from your local site section.

jaynesing388467

suveryor won't upload entire site

Thank you..Do you think you will be developing a fix for this in the near future?

Jayne

Eric Mittman

I do not know of a schedule for an update on this, for now the workaround is just to create the xml site map from the local files first. Sorry, but I do not have any more info on this currently. If you receive our announcements you should keep an eye out for any messaging on this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...