close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Web Assist eCart 4.0 Challenge

Thread began 12/12/2009 10:43 am by online.order393818 | Last modified 12/14/2009 12:42 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2315 views | 4 replies |

online.order393818

Web Assist eCart 4.0 Challenge

I challenge Web Assist to show me a “live, or test” website using eCart 4.0 software extension on their website server that is working WITHOUT any problems. If Web Assist already has one. Then I would like to see it? And if they don’t have the resources to do so they can use my hosting account to show members of the Support Forum, then “DELETE” it after they have risen above the challenge…

The e Cart 4.0 software extension that I purchased from Web Assist IS NOT WORKING for me, and probably not for hundreds if not THOUSANDS of others just like myself. I purchased the eCart 4.0 extension on 11-15-2009, and have logged over 120 hrs. trying to get it to work on (3) different platforms. Using (2) local test sites running [Windows Professional XP & Windows VISTA Home Premium] operating system & (1) live using a Unix server with my hosting account, and it has been one hurdle after another. That is not my understanding of a software that has been tested & proven to work without any major problems. My team & I are going to miss a golden opportunity to sale our merchandise if we haven’t already by not being able to taking advantage of the Christmas Shopping season.

From what I have experienced trying to develop a eCommerce Website with the eCart 4.0 software extension it has proven to be far more complicated than advertised for a end user with minimum to basic programming experience. After all it’s not the professional programmers that are buying these software extensions. It’s individuals like yourself & I that feel we have enough experience involving website development to take our experience & knowledge to the next level with just a little bit of help. It’s an investment in buying the extension to see how the code work then learn from what we see!

The majority of us don’t have a problem with following “instructions” when they are clearly defined and laid out with very few, or NO unexpected surprises. From all the ‘Posting’ of members that I have read who are having different problems in different area of testing & deploying their eCommere application it’s very discouraging to think that after I scale the hurdle I’m confronted with there is yet another one waiting from me.

It’s my opinion that the eCart should have been released as a “Beta” software with a truly dedicated support team to work closely with the end users to work out all the bugs before selling.

Sign in to reply to this post

gruant2000381341

ummm they do

Yeah, they have a whole section in the forum for posting working ecart sites.
showthread.php?t=3392

online.order393818

Web Assist eCart 4.0 Challlenge

I must admit that I was more than impressed with the discovery of those who have created a uniquely professional and appealing eCommerce website using the eCart Dreamweaver extension. Perhaps I over stated myself earlier due to lack of knowledge that these sites existed! Not to be a critic, but from what I did notice was that the majority if not all of the site that I visited were created between 2003 &2007 which was done with an earlier version of eCart...

But nevertheless if an apology is in order I am not too proud, or stupid to offer one. If my comments have offended, or insulted any of the professional men & women here at Web Assist I do apologize for my out lash.

anonymous

I don't think anyone will be offended... it's the nature of web design and the fast pace world where everybody - including myself - need things to work now.

Might I suggest, though, to post your specific problems as you encounter them... there are many people here - both WebAssist engineers, as well as, Community Experts and other helpful folks that will assist you rather quickly.

Also, please post your issues in the appropriate thread. For example, posting an E-Cart problem in the Cookies Toolkit thread like this original post will only result in a delay of getting you the correct help you need.

Best regards,

Brian

Jimmy Wu

Please open a thread in the eCart forum when you run into any issues and we would be glad to help you get through any difficulties you run into.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...