close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Extension Activation Error

Thread began 12/10/2009 5:32 am by john.applin395901 | Last modified 12/29/2009 10:52 am by Jimmy Wu | 2976 views | 8 replies |

john.applin395901

Extension Activation Error

Hi all

I am getting the following error while trying to activate this recently purchased extension

'While executing load in DWC_serial.htm, the following javascript error occured:
At line 219 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\DynamicWebChart s\Library\Shared_Ser_Mactivation.js": document.formLayer.document has no properties

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I have already tried deleting the dat file with no affect.

Many thanks in advance

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

There is one other thing that you should try for this, renaming the configuration folder. Here is a link with steps you can take for this:

146/

If you still have the problem let us know and we will look into this further with you.

john.applin395901

LODI baaing

Hello

Thankyou for your quick reply.

I have tried everything that you have suggested but I am still receiving the same error mesage. Is there anything else that you can suggest that I try?

Many thanks,

John.

Eric Mittman

It seems that this problem will need some further debugging to determine what the problem is. I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To update the ticket please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history.

Jimmy Wu

We were able to generate a license.dat file for this user which allowed them to activate.

p.turpin397172

Web Assist Dynamic charts activation error

Hi,

Get the same error as John and deleted the cache , restarted DW and continue to get the same message.
Rgds

Originally Said By: john.applin395901
  Hi all

I am getting the following error while trying to activate this recently purchased extension

'While executing load in DWC_serial.htm, the following javascript error occured:
At line 219 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\DynamicWebChart s\Library\Shared_Ser_Mactivation.js": document.formLayer.document has no properties

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I have already tried deleting the dat file with no affect.

Many thanks in advance

John  

Jimmy Wu

The line of code that is referenced indicates that you are unable to connect to our server to activate the product. If you have any security, virus scan or firewall software that may interfere with this connection, please disable the software before trying to activate. If you are still getting the error, please post back and I will open up a backend ticket to generate a license file for you.

p.turpin397172

activation pb --> solved

Hi,

After 2 reboots it worked fine.
Thkx for your help
Best regards

Jimmy Wu

Glad to see you were able to get the extension working. If you run into any additional issues, feel free to open a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...