close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

need help with checkout process

Thread began 12/09/2009 4:39 pm by info145869 | Last modified 12/11/2009 3:05 pm by Eric Mittman | 2663 views | 10 replies |

info145869

need help with checkout process

After you guys convinced me to use paypal as a gateway i am in the process of rebuilding the whole checkout process and am somewhat confused. I want to use paypal only but the checkout wizard generates page which seem to have credit card fields as well as billing fields.

I am also slightly confused about the myriad of Paypal pages what is pp_confirm ? what am i going to do with a normal confirm.asp page as well as pp_confirm.asp

Also what is required as username/signature in the paypal setup box. the one in the manual shows paypal.api1.webassist.com as username ? i assume thats an example and i am to use my normal email addy to log in ?

During checkout by clicking on the PP button it also doesn't redirect to PP but gives an error that the transaction i get redirected to pp_checkout_failure.asp without any indication as of why.

Please advise

Sign in to reply to this post

xberniex250371773

I wish someone answered your question because I'm having the same problem.

Have figured out why this is happening?

info145869

No i am still waiting

xberniex250371773

I found some info in aprevious forum that may help I'm going to try it now.

ecart_failure_response_ht.pdf

Eric Mittman

The choices you have for a PayPal checkout are local and remote. Local checkout makes use of PayPal Payments Pro. You will need to sign up for this service with PayPal. Once you have signed up for this service you can request your API credentials. It is these credentials that you will use in the wizard when prompted.

If you would not like to offer the credit card processing for your checkout and just the PayPal Express Checkout then you can remove the form for the credit card and shipping info on the checkout page. If you do this then you will have just the PayPal Express Checkout in place. The Express Checkout part is what makes use of the pp_ prefixed pages. The other checkout pages are for the credit card method, Direct Pay.

There is the option of using Payments Standard but I feel this is much harder to work with to get a good checkout experience.

xberniex250371773

Hey Eric Mitten I have an Paypal Website payment Pro Account and still recieve...

an transaction error message when clicking on the express checkout and clicking on the checkout button on the bottom of th form on the checkout page I receive a shipping error message saying something about the shipping weight can't be zero when there is .01 weight in the cart. Do you know what it is I'm doing wrong?

Hey Eric Mitten I have an Paypal Website payment Pro Account and still recieve...

Eric Mittman

It seems that you just do not have high enough weight value in the cart. You should try testing this same scenario with an item that has a weight of at least 1 to see if you can get past the problem.

What is the unit of measure for the weight in your cart and what you do have specified for the unit of measure in the shipping server behavior? Also, what is the shipping service provider you are using?

info145869

Is there any documentation on how to use the paypal checkout process, APIS and Paypal Express use and all ?

xberniex250371773

I got the Paypal checkout button to work. This is how I did it......

1. Open the checkout page. 2. Go to windows and open server behaviors if not on your panel. 3. Click on Authenthication for paypal express checkout and check the field where it says ReturnURL* and the CancelURL* and see if says [url]http://localhost.... or your http://wwwyourdomain.com/. I uploaded mysite to my host so I changed it to http://www.mydomain.com/pp_checkout_.... 4. uncheck the check box which says "Use paypal sandbox server for testing"

I'm still having problems with the paypal direct payment.
Have you gotten anywhere with any of this yet?

info145869

I still would need to know what automatically created pages i need for paypal checkout. Its Paypal express. What pages can i disregard and what is the sequence of pages.

Currently pages go from product page to the "cart display" page which should than go to ?? a checkout page. I need some advice as i like to get this finished.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...