close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fatal Error

Thread began 12/09/2009 12:38 pm by rocketboymedia.com | Last modified 12/09/2009 5:02 pm by Justin Nemeth | 2080 views | 6 replies |

rocketboymedia.com

Fatal Error

I have been using the PowerGallery for a while now and just came across this error as I was creating a 6th gallery:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5616 bytes) in /home/content/h/o/m/homelodge721/html/gallery/admin/common/functions.php on line 234

Whats up?

How can I have more memory and where is it indicated that there is a limited amount of memory allotted. I have been testing this program out on a site and wanted to use it in other projects but now I'm afraid that there might be some limitations.

In the PowerGallery | Help section it is stated "you can have as many galleries as you would like and can rename them" I have a Disk Space Allotment of 150,000 MB.

What do I need to do?

Thanks for your attention to my situation.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

How large is the image you are trying to upload? To fix it, you can resize your image to smaller in size using your own program then try uploading that smaller sized image. Assuming this image is straight from a digital camera, can you give some specs like the image dimensions, megapixeld, camera, etc?

-justin

rocketboymedia.com

There are 9 images each ranging from 328kb to around 524kb. I haven't had any problems in the past, as I have one gallery that has 52 images and another with 35 so it hasn't been an image size issue, the images in the galleries are around the same in size.
I work in Photoshop to size all images and have not had any problems in the past. The error "Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted" that's only 64mb as I stated above I have 150,000 mb on this server, so it seems that there is a memory cap somewhere. I really need to fix this.

I just deleted a gallery and tried to create a new one and I get the same error message.

clickhappy392103

are you optimizing your images in PS? It won't fix the gallery problem you are having, but will help with general file sizes.

Justin Nemeth

Do you get the memory error after creating a gallery or when uploading an image?

The PHP memory error isn't related to your disk space, it's something different. The line of code generating the error is when it's trying to read in one of your images. Can you try using another image (maybe one you've uploaded successfully before) and see if that works?

I would also try saving the image as optimzed from photoshop to see if that makes a difference. I haven't really seen this issue before, but it could be something with the image itself that PHP is erroring on.

-justin

rocketboymedia.com

First I want to thank you for your time and energy in trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Second as in most cases the issue is not always with the program, but with the user, I have discovered the the problem was one of corrupt images. When I dumped the file and reset the connection, i then uploaded new clean images with no problem. I am trying to recreate the issue so that I can let you know how the image corrupted the program, I have a feeling that you stated the obvious "The line of code generating the error is when it's trying to read in one of your images. Can you try using another image (maybe one you've uploaded successfully before) and see if that works?" So thanks again for everything and for your great products I think I've got almost all of them.

-Scott

Justin Nemeth

Cool, glad you narrowed it down.

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...