close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help with User reg solution pack

Thread began 4/29/2009 12:06 pm by berndrendic374326 | Last modified 4/30/2009 2:07 pm by berndrendic374326 | 4606 views | 6 replies |

berndrendic374326

Help with User reg solution pack

I have a website which is already running , but need to have user login added to it and give each user different privileges …I came across this website and though , getting this will be much better then learning PHP from start ,,,, I guess I was wrong

After 2 weeks I am still nowhere and more confused then I was when I started playing with this …
I designed many (static) websites even some flash ones and basic flash games… and god knows how many little gadgets like this I used before like pre-loaders etc … But I don’t seem to be able to figure this one out
I must be a complete Idiot for this “User Registration Solution Pack” is meant to be easy and simple to use, with no need for coding…

I find tutorial extremely wage, and hard to follow , its more like a manual without logical order as if it was written as a reminder for someone who already knows what he is doing … but for a noob like me… this is a hell

At this very point I am extremely frustrated and on the verge of nervous break down
So Please HELP I beg you help me how to put this into my website PLEASE
I desperately need a step by step tutorial that make a sense

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK, you need to:

1) update your database
2) update your settings
3) upload your files

Where are you getting stuck?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

berndrendic374326

i dont even have any database yet ,only a website I want to add some ...
I did not get that far

1. I ve got User Reg solution pack and was reading manual I did not undestand ... I tried doing some of the things but I did not get far ... .

2. dont know what to do with it
3. do i put whole folder into my web folder ?
4. how do I create a data base?
5. How do I get log in box on my web page ?
basicaly
whats the first thing I do ?then second?

I am sure that I am missing something at the very start

can you tell me what are the very first 5 things I need to do?

i will be very gratefull

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Start with #1 and worry about the next step when you are done with the first.

Step one is to install your database. The files include a database folder with a .sql file.

Once you have connected to a database you should be able to run that script to create all of the necessary tables and columns to make the solution work.

Concentrate on that until your database is created properly and then you can start configuring your options.

berndrendic374326

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Start with #1 and worry about the next step when you are done with the first.

Step one is to install your database. The files include a database folder with a .sql file.

Once you have connected to a database you should be able to run that script to create all of the necessary tables and columns to make the solution work.

Concentrate on that until your database is created properly and then you can start configuring your options.  

Step one is to install your database.  

HOW?

2 Once you have connected to a database you should be able to run that script to create all of the necessary tables and columns to make the solution work.  

How do I conect my database ? I dont even know what does it mean to conect data base , its obviously a term for a longer process not well explained.

manual seem to be the same it assumes everyone knows how to use it , and what to select .

I opened sql in browser tool
but no istruction say what am I suposed to select in schemata ?

I know I am supposed to press execute there after I made my selection .... .

but here I am stuck

and what after that? manual does not even say what this process does , does it create a table? save it somwhere? conect it to something ?
manual just jump to phpadmin, and what about w global when is that supoosed to be done ....
the most confusing thing is that this manual does not seem to have any logical nor chronological order in steps to be followed

I am frustrated and desperate here...

If anyone can please tell me, how to do this in steps i will be gratefull ...

thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Look at the database starter kit. It is a training piece from webassist for people that don't know anything about databases to help them get started. It has detailed instructions that are step by step with examples to help get you up to speed.

berndrendic374326

thanks , just got it ... best to start from basics :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...