close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver: Please use only numeric entires for values

Thread began 12/08/2009 4:52 am by davas56386677 | Last modified 12/16/2009 1:39 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2919 views | 4 replies |

davas56386677

Dreamweaver: Please use only numeric entires for values

Hello,

I use Dreamweaver CS4 (Master Collection) and try desperately to fix a problem related to displaying accurately french accents (é, è, à, ...) in the charts provided in POWERSTORE 2 from WEBASSIST (Yes, I'm localizing the US version into a FRENCH edition). These accented caracters are not dispalyed at all if I enter them as is (é, è, à, a.s.o.) into the charts using the XML Editor (latest edition of Dynamic WebCharts in use !!). Even if I use the HTML "é" a.s.o. these caracters are displayed as "?" marks instead !

I guess that the WA people should collaborate with both teams (POWERSTORE 2 and DYNAMIC WEBCHARTS) and let the communitiy know what to do to get rid of this frustrating problem. It may be a minor thing but I don't see what !

Furthermore using the EDIT IN WIZARD button while clicking on the <param name="movie" value="../DynamicWebCharts/open-flash-chart.swf?data=../DynamicWebCharts/Data/Products_Chart_dataparser1.php?<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"GET=".str_replace("&","§",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'');?>" /> in the file Products_Chart.php (in POWERSTORE 2, of course), Dreamweaver signals the message mentioned in the title of this posted thread (Dreamweaver: Please use only numeric entires for value). This popup message makes your life tricky while trying to edit the charts.

Please help me to understand what is going wrong. Maybe I did something wrong !

Many thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I having a little difficulty trying to reproduce this issue. If you can please post back and include specific steps that I can take to get the result you are getting. With the same steps and results I will better be able to help troubleshoot the problem.

As for the error you are getting when you edit in wizard when selecting the param I'm not able to get this to occur on my end. I have tried it a few different ways and each time I'm able to edit the chart in the wizard without issue. Are there any other steps you are taking when you get this error? Does this error occur for you each and every time you attempt to edit with the wizard when you have the code selected?

davas56386677

Look into my code please...

Hello Mr MITTERMAN,

Here is the link to my new development site: admin

In the menu use the option UTILISATEURS (users) and click on GRAPHIQUES (charts).

This points to the following file: users_Chart.php
which in turn uses : users_Reports_data1.php
When editing the <object classID...> from within users_Chart.php with XMLEditor (ver. 1.4), and using an "é" (acute accented e) in line 116 of file users_Reports_data1.php (see below)
<legend size="12" color="#272b4b">Total nouveaux enregistrés</legend>
the chart fails to complete
If I don't use an "é" in line 116, the chart completes normally. (see line 117 commented <legend size="12" color="#272b4b">Total nouveaux enregistres</legend> )

I tried the same, replacing the "é" with &eacute; and similar display problems occur.

Finally I searched on the net and found something that I did not try at this moment:

The suggestion consists in using what follows:

In XHTML, the language is declared inside the <html> tag as follows:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="fr" xml:lang="fr">
</html>

So, could it be useful to add this type of language tag into line 100 of the code (file: users_Reports_data1.php) so that FLASH interprets the french accented caracters correctly ?

Please try it out and tell me what you changed in the code and in which files, so that I can download them from my development site.

Many thanks

Dan

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that it can be looked into further. To check the status of your ticket or update it please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history.

Jimmy Wu

After doing some testing, I was able to determine that the chart will display the characters correctly if they are encoded using the values listed on this site:
utf-8.html

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...