close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart not linking to checkout

Thread began 12/03/2009 12:12 pm by dengosha389983 | Last modified 12/07/2009 12:08 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1307 views | 5 replies |

dengosha389983

ecart not linking to checkout

ecart doesn't allow me to add more than one item per page to the Display Manager. It also doesn't seem to want to find the link to checkout. All my store files are in a folder--does ecart need to be in the same folder? and if so how do I install it in the folder. Checkout shows as a blank page. If I put more than one item in the cart the cart empties.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Link to checkout page does not work:
There may be a php error occurring, add the following code at line of the cart display page:

php:
<?php 

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_erros','on');
?>

This should display the error if there is one occurring.

also add that code toi the checkout page so we can see why it is displaying as blank.

can you send a link to your site so I can look into the cart emptying when adding more than one item.

dengosha389983

I think that it is the server

I tested some of the pages on my own website dennisshapiro.com which is hosted by a different server and the Display Manager works perfectly. I cannot check the checkout as the domain is different. All the pages affected are: index.php. This is the beginning of the storefront I am developing for the Veterans Museum of Art. Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. There is another question I have. We intend on shipping everything USPS Priority Mail, their envelope which will contain a padded envelope to protect our books and prints. I keep getting a charge of $9.60 when USPS charges $4.80 when the label is processed over the internet. I have tried setting weight to zero but it is still doing this.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I think the server has a problem with session management.

to test, I am including a PHP file. Upload that to the server, then browse to it and follow the directions for testing session management.

if the session management test fails, you will need to talk to the host to have them fix the problem.

Attached Files
sessionTest.zip

dengosha389983

Ran the sessions check

Jason
I ran the test you sent me and this is what I got: Session Test = NULL
(When the page is first loaded, the session variable test will = NULL, when you click the first link, the session variable test will be set to test. Clicking the second link will only reload the page, the session variable test should still equal test, if it equals NULL, your server has a problem with session management.

Session ID = c922e9b049627c23187200e96573360d
(NOTE: if sessions are working correctly, the session ID should not change.)

NULL shows up both times after clicking on the first or the second session test link. Test shows up first on the first link. But 2nd link only shows NULL.

I think we are going to change servers this week.
Thank you so much for the help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Good luck with the new host, hopefully they will not have the same problem. The currant host will probably be able to resolve the session issue quite quickly if you bring it to their attention.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...