close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Check Out without Payment Gateway, but Capture User Details

Thread began 12/03/2009 12:13 am by jo4koalas392067 | Last modified 12/07/2009 4:07 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5070 views | 8 replies |

jo4koalas392067

Check Out without Payment Gateway, but Capture User Details

Hi

I hope you can help and I am sure you are fed up of the phrase I am new to Ecart, PHP and MySQL, sadly I have to say it again, so please bear with me.

I am trying to set up a subscription site (so no physical objects being brought) as part of what we offer is 10 days free trial and then we contact the clients to get their payment details.

The thing is I need to collect not only the subsciption type price etc like an order, but also need to collect and store the users details in a database which I would then like to use with Security Assist to gain access to the subscription only parts of the site.

I have made a start and find myself running around in circles. I have tried setting it up with a payment gateway and then removing the gateway but all I seem to be able to do is collect the order details, but failing to capture the user details. I am happy to start again, but appreciate a step by step run through (idiots guide) to how to set this up or some helpful suggestions.

Many thanks for your time.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Where you are selling subscriptions, you will want to force the users to register / login before they can checkout. See the "How to apply Login/Register functionality to your Checkout Process" tutorial in the how to section of the eCart support page for information on this.

The user registration will be the user details.

In the orders table, you should have an OrderUserID column. This will be used to relate the order to the logged in user.

The first part of the "How to create an Order History page" how to on the eCart support page goes into how to accomplish this.

The eCart support page is herre:
ecart/

jo4koalas392067

Thank you so much for your help. I have followed the instructions but I get the following error when you click the checkout button on the confirm.php page:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 554 5.7.7 Helo invalid . in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\xampp-win32-1.7.2\xampp\htdocs\4ma\WA_Universal_Email\mail_PHP.php on line 260

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Users\Owner\Documents\xampp-win32-1.7.2\xampp\htdocs\4ma\WA_Universal_Email\mail_PHP.php:260) in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\xampp-win32-1.7.2\xampp\htdocs\4ma\confirm.php on line 157

Thanks

Jo

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This error means the To address in universal Email no correct. On the confirm page, double click the universal email server behavior and check that the to address is set correctly.

jo4koalas392067

Thanks Jason, but still confused as I want the email to be sent to the user that is logged in/subscribing and have tried various different codes in the "To" value as follows:

Setting a recordset and recalling that: <?php echo $row_Recordset1['UserEmail']; ?>

Session: <?php echo $_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_email']; ?>

Even To the Ecart Check Out form (which poputates from the user login details): <?php echo((isset($_POST["email"]))?$_POST["email"]:"") ?>

Each of these return the same error as previously mentioned.

I am sure I am missing something. but would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks

Jo

Actually just tested it using a static email address - mine and still get this error. So it doesn't seem to be an email address error - any suggestions?

jo4koalas392067

Hi

Well I got to the bottom of the original problem - it was to do with my testing server not having the send mail set up - have altered php.ini and now I don't get the error message, but I don't get any emails either. I have set it up to send the confirmation email to myself.

I have XAMPP (Apache, MySQL, PHP etc) server running on Vista.

I have looked at some other posts that indicates there maybe some problems with running on apache server, but I haven't got any choice.

Also added the following as per a previous post who seemed to be having the same problem:

$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader );
var_dump($mailObj);
echo(" : ");
echo($mailTo);
echo(" : ");
echo("$mailHeader");
die();

and received the following

bool(true) : jo4koalas@gmail.com : MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="WAMULTIBREAKWA" From: 4ma Reply-To: info@4ma.com.au X-Sender: 4ma X-Priority: 3 Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 22:17:27 +1100 (EST)

Any help I would be grateful as come to complete standstill.

Jo

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Its tough to get to the bottom of mail sending issues on a local testing server. It may be that the SMTP server will not except incoming connections from an outside source or it could be an issue with the SMTP server itself.
It is best to test email functionality on your remote server rather than trying to test it locally.l

jo4koalas392067

Altering Cart

Thank you Jason for your help. Just a quick question on a slightly different topic - is there anyway to alter the cart without re-running the display manager. Say for example I wanted to add discounts to the cart page, but previously I wasn't going to have discount so I elected to not show it, but now want to include it - how do I go about adding it to the page with re-doing everything?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For that sort of alteration you need to re apply the cart display manager to the cart display page, it will be difficult to add the discount display manually.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...