close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Menus Starter Kit for Fireworks

Thread began 4/28/2009 4:11 pm by webmaster359615 | Last modified 5/07/2009 5:23 am by Mark Fletcher | 3185 views | 7 replies |

webmaster359615

CSS Menus Starter Kit for Fireworks

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, but I purched the new CSS Menus Starter Kit for Fireworks. After uncompressing all the SWF movie files to the Start_Here folder, only the Introduction is shown in the menu at the right when clicking on Launcher.htm. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Mark Fletcher

Hello there,

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with the CSS Menus Starter Kit for Fireworks. In this first instance I would ask that you try downloading the rest of the Movies_zip files from your Download Center and place these in the same folder as the rest of the SWF files.

If that does not address this issue then please submit a technical support ticket and we will look into this matter further.
techsupportinsert_1.php

Warm regards,
Mark

Neil Beadle

Read the Read Me

The Read Me .txt file provides you with step-by-step instructions on where the files should be stored and how to copy them there. This needs to be done before you open the launcher file.

Download this from your Download Center and follow the instructions before you proceed with the training.

webmaster359615

Your response was a bit insulting. I followed the directions. It does not work. I guess the question is if you have tried downloading and launching the files.

Mark Fletcher

Hello again,

I as mentioned in my previous post, if you are still experiencing difficulties then please submit a technical support incident. A member of our support team would be more than happy to help you address this issue.

mywebassist...rtinsert_1.php

Warm regards,
Mark
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Mark Fletcher | Training Manager | WebAssist

Originally Said By: webmaster359615
  Your response was a bit insulting. I followed the directions. It does not work. I guess the question is if you have tried downloading and launching the files.  

Neil Beadle

Try changing your Flash security settings

My apologies if my response seemed insulting - this was most definitely not my intention.

However, i have tested this numerous times, and did so again just now. The Read Me instructions ask you to extract each zip file, then copy and paste the swf files in each of the Movies folders to the Start_Here directory. All the files are stored in the one directory, without any additional subfolders. If this is what you have done, then there must be another issue.

One thing you may want to try is modifying your Flash security settings.

Go here settings_manager04.html. And make sure that 'Always Ask' is selected, or choose 'Add location' and specify the location of the Start_Here folder. Once you've done this, restart your browser and try opening the Launcher.htm file again.

If you have not already, i suggest you submit a technical support ticket in case this does not resolve your issue.

Let us know if you continue you have problems.

webmaster359615

I apologize for my harsh reaction, but I was discouraged after extracting the movies to Start_Here, first without, and then with the sub-folders, and then re-downloading and trying again.

As it turned out adding the folder to the settings worked.

Mark Fletcher

Hi there,

No problem at all. I am delighted to hear that you are now up and running and thank you again for choosing WebAssist training :-)

Originally Said By: webmaster359615
  I apologize for my harsh reaction, but I was discouraged after extracting the movies to Start_Here, first without, and then with the sub-folders, and then re-downloading and trying again.

As it turned out adding the folder to the settings worked.  

Best - Mark

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...