close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore - digital goods

Thread began 12/02/2009 9:36 pm by javo | Last modified 12/04/2009 1:16 pm by Eric Mittman | 2097 views | 5 replies |

javo

PowerStore - digital goods

If I own the SuperSuite, is it possible to use PowerStore and have the ability to setup a digital goods store? If you know others have implemented workarounds to offer digital goods using PowerStore, please share the options. As an example, I can think of processing the request as a physical goods store; once the purchase has been confirmed, one can manually direct the customer to download the product(s) using Digital File Pro. Not sure if this will work but it's an idea.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This is not a supported feature of the Power Store so it would be a custom implementation but here is the idea.

You can add a link to the order details page that will allow the user to download the product. On the order details page you would need to alter the display for the items in the order and make one of these values a link, using the name would probably be best. You will want to ensure that you pass the item id in the link.

You would then have to craft a download page that the link would go to. On this page you will have a recordset that will join the orders and orders details table on the order id and filter for the session user id and the item id. You will also need to join in your table that holds the file name for the item.

You would then use this recordset as the trigger for the download server behavior and for the file you could use the file name binding from this rs.

This is an overview of a way to implement this, but there is a bit of work involved. Post back with any questions that you have about any part of this

Jason Kline

Hi Eric,

Sound to compicated but how about this?

Is possible to setup the User Registration Solution Pack and Digital File Pro 2 extension with PayPal's Create PayPal payment button to acheive a Digital Goods solution.

Eric Mittman

You may be able to implement a system like this with these tools but I think that it would be much more difficult that the other way. Have you used the Digital File Pro download server behavior before? If so then doing it this other way should not be too complex. You will probably want to start with making sure you have a table in your db that has the file names for the products.

If you had this in place then you would just be modifying the existing order details page and creating the new download page.

I would be happy to help you out in either solution, but I'm not sure how the new one you proposed could be put together.

Jason Kline

I forgot to mention Security Extension would be needed as well.

I have created the download link page with Digital File Pro 2. I was thinking I could configure Security Assist extension to allow only logged in users created with the User Registration Solution Pack to access the download link page. I would need a way to get payment confirmation which would set a value in a database (AllowDownload). Somehow the download link page will only show up if the AllowDownload table has a value of 1.

Maybe this is a bit to much.

Eric Mittman

This is very much a possibility, it would just require that you make an update to your db when you get confirmation of the transaction. Then you would have a recordset on your download page that would select from this table where the AllowDownload was set to the correct value. The query you would need would be a little more complex than that though, you would need to join this table with your items table to get the details about the file.

Once crafted this way you would use the bindings from this recordset in the download server behavior, you could trigger the server behavior on the recordset not being empty.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...