close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validation Toolkit Javascript Error whilst applying server behaviour

Thread began 12/02/2009 12:36 pm by daniel.mason309341 | Last modified 5/06/2011 11:04 am by jeremyandrebecca67370 | 4309 views | 9 replies |

daniel.mason309341

Validation Toolkit Javascript Error whilst applying server behaviour

i am getting this message when applying a 'Validation Show If' , the WA Server Validations part is fine:

While executing applyServerBehaviour in WAFV_ShowIF.htm, a JavaScript error occurred.

I have tired all the step as outlined in similar problems on the forum, deleting the cache, removing and reinstalling Extensions, deleting configuration file.

I even completely uninstalled Dreamweaver and reinstalled it, and only added the latest downloaded version of Validation Toolkit, no other extensions.

I am running CS4 on Windows7, Win7 is a fairly recent install and I have not up till today used Validtaion toolkit, I have universal email also but that works fine.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Thanks for detailing what steps you have performed already. When it comes to renaming or deleting your configuration folder you should do this then open the extension manager to remove any extensions that are listed there. After you remove them all then you can try installing the Validation Toolkit again to see if the problem persists. Also make sure that you visit your download history and obtain the latest release for your extensions. Let us know if you have done this or if you get the same result after doing this and we can look into this further with you.

daniel.mason309341

I tired those steps again and still getting the same error, I tired it on a different site definition and it worked fine! So must be a problem with this one I'm working on, the site definition etc all looks OK.

I tried deleting the server behavior completely and starting again, but still get the same error as before..

Eric Mittman

If you can use the extension in another site in your DW then there may be a problem with the site cache, you can have DW recreate it by going to Site > Advanced > Recreate Site Cache. If the problem is with this cache for the DW site then this should fix it, if not let me know and I will get a ticket opened for you.

daniel.mason309341

tried that, still same problem...

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue, to check the status of the ticket or update it please login and visit your support history.

nacribbs284731

canApplyServerBehavior in WAFV_ShowIf.htm Javascript Error

I am having the same issue with CS3 running on Windows XP SP3 platform. I noticed in my case the ValidatedField identifier (e.g. contact_171, etc) was being duplicated for each new "Validation Show If" instance that was applied. I was able to go in manually and correct each Validation Show If with the correct ValidatedField identifier, however, i still get the canApplyServerBehavior in WAFV_ShowIf.htm javascript error. I also tried re-caching the website and deleting the cache for CS3.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Original Posters case, the error was caused by stray javascript that had been copied into the page.

can you send a copy of your page in a zip archive so I can examine the code.

jeremyandrebecca67370

Helllo! I purchased Forms Toolkit yesterday and am experiencing the same error as the original poster whenever attempting to add a ShowIF behavior. The message I get is "While executing applyServerBehaviour in WAFV_ShowIF.htm, a JavaScript error occurred."

I have attempted all the previous fixes mentioned previously, including deleting the AppData cache file, uninstalling and reinstalling the Forms Toolkit extension, etc. I have also checked and double-checked all Javascript code. Nothing works.

I have zipped one of the pages which is experiencing the issue. Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Jeremy

Attached Files
communicationForm.zip

jeremyandrebecca67370

Oops... just realized I posted this in the "validation toolkit" forum. I think I'll move it over to the "Forms Toolkit" forum since it specifically refers to that product, even though it is a similar issue.

Jeremy

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...