close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

message when click to confirm order page

Thread began 12/02/2009 8:23 am by watercolor346374 | Last modified 12/04/2009 1:35 pm by Eric Mittman | 2895 views | 10 replies |

watercolor346374

message when click to confirm order page

HI,
Currently I am getting a strange message when I go to confirm page. I checked the code and could not find where it is.
Here is the message:
I know that I made the orderid in the orders table a session variable so it would post to the orderid column in the item_orders table. Also there are other fields in the orders table that I was going to hand code in so that they would post.
Thank you

Attached Files
cart.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like your message did not make it into the post. I took a look at your order summary and order details server behaviors on the page and it looks like you are assigning a value for the order id. Normally the id column would be an auto increment column that would not get a value, then you would store the order id as a reference id value. You would then use the session variable that is set for the order insert as the reference id for the details insert.

Please post back and include the error message you are getting and any other details about your setup or info in the db for these tables.

watercolor346374

Hi Eric,
Here is the error I get.
Unknown column 'c95e142579dcf2c146866f1a249b0541' in 'where clause'
My order_items table is set up so that the orders table orderid posts to the it, I did not set up a primary key, for all that would post to it is from other tables.
Is that ok?
Thank you

Eric Mittman

The value that is being referenced here looks to be the session id, this would normally also be the id for the order you are storing. Any tables that you are using to store info should have a primary key column, it is standard to have an auto incrementing id column for this.

Do you have the latest eCart installed? As of the time of this post it is version 4.5.2. This reminds me of an earlier issue in eCart that should be cleared up in the latest release. If you can please post back with a copy of your confirm page minus any of the sensitive details.

watercolor346374

more on cart message

Hi Eric,
I am having problems with my latest ecart, it does not want to complete the process. So I exhumed my pc which is on vista, and that has ecart4.1 and it worked. So I built the pages on the old version and transferred to my mac, which has the new version that does not work properly. I have a ticket submitted on that. I did this, so I could get the site done.
I put the session variable on the orderid, because in the order_items table I have no primary column, I wanted the orderid from the orders table to post to the item_orders table.
You will notice that the checkout php that I have included has a new label called counties. Even when this label was not present, I got the same message.
Thank you

Attached Files
megan_confirm.zip

watercolor346374

Hi Eric,
OK, I redid the form. No more error messages. I am using my local server and can get all the way to paypal to my clients account. I am resending my confirm php form. I added a session variable for status. I also added a new table called status with 2 records, pending and shipped.
I am wondering if this is necessary. My session is set to a value of 1 for pending. Can I not deal with the table and put pending in the session so it posts to the table as pending? Also since I can get to paypal, my tables post. What happens is the session does not post, and the information keeps posting to the same orderid. Is this because I have not completed the order? I want the orderid from the orders table to post to the order_items table. I have no unique key for the order_items table, I have the orderid which is connected to the orders table. From my new attachment, is this kosher?
Thank you

Attached Files
confirm.php.zip

Eric Mittman

You should have a status column in your orders table to hold the status of the order. You can then use the session variable you have for the status as the binding in your store order summary server behavior.

As for the order details table it should really have a unique id column, this is always best practice. You should be storing the order id session variable that is created in the store order summary server behavior as the foreign key to relate the details back to the order.

When you are testing if you do not finish the transaction the session will remain intact. Since the value for the order id is held in a session variable you will just update the existing order rather than create a new one. To test this properly you should complete the order and make sure to clear out any temp data in your browser and close it before trying again.

watercolor346374

Hi Eric,
I have the column in my orders table for status. So all I need is the session and no status table? If I put "pending" for the session to post in order table is that ok?
I will redo my order_items table and do an order itemid and make orderid the sessionid. I want to add the inventoryid to this table, this is the table that the sizes are stored. Will I have a problem posting the inventoryid to the order_items table? Do I need to add an inventory recordset and if so do I need to inner join it with products?
Thank you

Eric Mittman

If you are storing the status in a session variable then you can just reference that variable in your store order summary server behavior as the value for the status column. This will store whatever you have in the session variable into that column.

I'm not very clear on the scenario you are describing about the inventory id and the sizes, if you can please post back and explain this a little further, an explanation of how it should work and the desired result would be best. If you want to store an additional inventory id value in the order items table this should not be a problem if you have a column in the table to hold this value. Where this value comes from though will depend on your current setup and weather or not you have this value already available on your page. If the value is not available then you may need to query the db for it with a recordset.

watercolor346374

The inventory table stores the sizes and their inventory for products with sizes, and it stores the inventory for products without sizes columns are:
inventoryid, prodid, size, quantity
I want to reference the inventoryid in the order_items table so that the store owner can see what size of an item a customer purchased. I will set up the page in the admin.
As you suggested, I will add an itemid into the order_items table. Currently, all of the info that I want in the order_items table seems to be posting. When I change the table, I will need to redo my pages. I am not sure how to get the inventoryid into the table for order_items. I have a record set on the page with a join joining the inventory.prodid to the products.prodid
Thank you

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...