close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

adding a new field to Simple Reg Page

Thread began 11/30/2009 1:32 pm by berndrendic374326 | Last modified 12/17/2009 9:34 am by Jason Byrnes | 5030 views | 17 replies |

berndrendic374326

adding a new field to Simple Reg Page

Ok I am now really frustrated, I spent days trying to figure this out but without a success :(

1. I need to add a new field to the users_Registration_Simple.php page
2. In that new field I need students to enter their student number when registering with us.

And when they submit the form I need that student number to appear in my sql. user database.

I have added a student registration field (that I call UserCfaNo) to user database that comes with user reg pack .
See the picture

I have also added an extra field to the users_Registration_Simple.php page

but now i need to get it working and this is as far i could get .... i have no idea how to make this form update my UserCfaNo field in my sql table

please help me for the webassist code just does not make any sense to me .......

Thanks

p.s ( i do have form builder and securitty assist )

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The User registration makes use of the dataassist insert Server Behavior. Do you own DataAssist?

berndrendic374326

I do have DataAssist now,,, got it today in desperation... but i still don’t see how to get that field connected with my database....and i would really appreciate some help
thanks ...........................................

Please just a simple instruction how to add a one extra field to an existing user registration simple form …. From user reg pack and get it to update in database

tutorial only explain how to create a whole page its not what i want to do at all ,,, even though i had no success with that either :(…..

Dani Chankhour

Since you have DataAssist, the update should be easy.

In Dreamweaver open the Server Behaviors Panel (Window -> Server Behaviors)

You should see a "Insert Record (users)" in the list, double click the entry

When the wizard open, click next, and your added entry should show i the list. Select UserCfaNo and bind the value to your form element.

Click OK.

This will add your UserCfaNo to the database.

Let me know if you still have any other questions.

berndrendic374326

Dani thank you very much for that
I am now stuck on the final part ....

-Select UserCfaNo and bind the value

What does that mean ?
How do i bind the value?
When I press the little lighting bolt sigh its open another window with too many options to choose from I don’t even know where to start there....
Can you please see the picture i have attached and tell me what am I supposed to select and bind it with

Thanks in advance

Bernd

Dani Chankhour

Thanks for the screen shot (very helpful).

What you need to do is expand the WAATKRegistrationForm by clicking the + button. Once it is expanded you should see an entry called UserCfaNo (or what ever you named the UserCfaNo input field). Double click on it and Press OK. In the DataAssist wizard make sure that the value is updated and press OK.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

berndrendic374326

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  Thanks for the screen shot (very helpful).

What you need to do is expand the WAATKRegistrationForm by clicking the + button. Once it is expanded you should see an entry called UserCfaNo (or what ever you named the UserCfaNo input field). Double click on it and Press OK. In the DataAssist wizard make sure that the value is updated and press OK.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Dani that worked thank you so much you made my day

here is the code how i named my UserCfaNo.... just to help anyone else with the same problem.......

<th>CFA Registration Number:</th>
<td><span id="spryUserCfaNo">
<input name="UserCfaNo" type="text" class="WAATKTextField" id="UserCfaNo" value="" size="32"/></span>
</td>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dani can you please help me with few more thing ....
How do i add behaviour that CfaNo field cant be empty that user needs to type something in it

thanks in advance

Dani Chankhour

Thanks for responding.

To add validation to the input field, you will need Validation Toolkit, do you have Validation Toolkit?

Or we could add spry validation.

berndrendic374326

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  Thanks for responding.

To add validation to the input field, you will need Validation Toolkit, do you have Validation Toolkit?

Or we could add spry validation.  

No I dont think they sell that anymore... but I do have
User Reg solution pack
Data Assist
Security Assist
scm form builder
universal e-mail 3
cookies toolkit 3

Dani Chankhour

You are correct, but Form builder have Validation Toolkit. We have a document that explains how to add validation to input field using Validation Toolkit. Please visit this url:

validation-toolkit/

and under the How TOs click on the Applying CSS styles to form elements with Validation Toolkit (PDF) pdf. This will explain how to add validation to an input field. You could skip the css styling portion of the document.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Note:

In the document it says Select WA Validation Toolkit > Server Validations. from the server behaviors panel, but in your case, you should already have a validation toolkit entry under your server behaviors panel. So you could just double click it to add your input field.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...