close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Local Delivery how to?

Thread began 11/29/2009 4:39 pm by tim.wolak331163 | Last modified 1/29/2010 5:43 pm by Eric Mittman | 2102 views | 6 replies |

tim.wolak331163

Local Delivery how to?

I need to setup an option in my cart to allow people to select local delivery. This will need to also have a rule that will set a flat rate for different zip codes. Can you suggest how to go about doing this? My first thought is to have a check box for the user to check and then submit.

Thanks,
Tim

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Have a look here:
Shipping Pickup Option
168/

You should be able to modify it for what you need.

tim.wolak331163

local Delivery

I have created the check box for customers to select for local delivery and also made the shipping rule as well as the session variable. I do not know how to make the check box change the variable. If I set the variable to 0 the shipping rule works not problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tim

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the checkout page, create the checkbox, make sure to give it a checked value:

php:
<input name="local" type="checkbox" id="local" value="1">

On the confirm page, create a hidden form field with the same name, Set its value to come from the checkbox on the checkout page:

php:
<input name="local" type="hidden" id="local" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["local"]))?$_POST["local"]:""?>">

Then add a set session value server behavior. Set the trigger to any form post and set it to get the value from the checkbox:

php:
<?php

if (!session_id()) session_start();
if(
$_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST")     {

$_SESSION["local"] = "".((isset($_POST["local"]))?$_POST["local"]:"")  ."";
}
?>

tim.wolak331163

I have added what you have suggested for local delivery however it adds the 5 dollar delivery charge and the usps charge. I'm attaching the cart, checkout and confirm pages.

Thanks,
tim

Attached Files
pages.zip

tim.wolak331163

Would Jason or anyone be able to look at the pages I attached to review my issue?

Thanks,
Tim

Eric Mittman

If you are getting your new shipping charge and the shipping quote charge you will need to update the trigger for the shipping quote.

In here you will need to add another trigger to the existing condition. This new trigger will check for the session variable local, if the value of this session variable local is not equal to 1.

This will make it so if the one shipping rule is triggered the other will not be.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...