close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Captcha image not displaying on form

Thread began 11/23/2009 6:40 pm by keith389310 | Last modified 12/12/2009 11:24 am by keith389310 | 2648 views | 6 replies |

keith389310

Captcha image not displaying on form

Created a new form in a php document, uploaded the file and all supporting WA Validation Toolkit folders and files to server but the captcha image doesn't display on my form. I get a red X and a box that says "Security Code".

Read all other relevant support posts here but didn't find solution. The GD library is enabled on the server according to PHPINFO. Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The captcha image is generated by the WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php file. What happens if you preview that page in the browser?

keith389310

It displays a blank page, like there's a problem with the PHP code. The Security question works properly when viewed by itself in a browser so I don't think it's an issue with PHP on the server.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It must be a problem with the GD installation. When you look at your phpinfo what version of GD does it say you have installed? Do you have a link where we can view the phpinfo for that site?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

keith389310

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Complete info link:
phpinfo.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I believe your PHP interpreter needs to be compiled with support for the FreeType library.

Check whether phpinfo lists the following entries under GD:
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype

These can be enabled in the php.ini file:

'--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib'
'--with-gd'
'--enable-gd-native-tt'

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

keith389310

CAPTCHA Issue Resolved

Thanks. The issue is now resolved. Even though GD was enabled on my PHP version 4.4 server the freetype parameters were not. My webhosting company had to move my account to a PHP version 5 server to add the freetype parameters. Perhaps others are having this issue as well because the freetype parameters can only be added to a PHP version 5 server?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...