close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

payment api not being sent o paypal

Thread began 11/23/2009 12:18 pm by Jasmalb327457 | Last modified 11/30/2009 2:21 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4878 views | 14 replies |

Jasmalb327457

payment api not being sent o paypal

I need help quickly!!!! I have talked to Paypal and they have reviewed by the cart, here is the issue below of what is happening. I have customers already ordering items and the payment is not going though to paypal!!
Sarah

Shopping cart recording orders but no Payment sent to PayPal

Discussion Thread
Response (Justin) 11/23/2009 11:53 AM
Hello Sarah Albright,

In regards to our conversation I have created this service request for further inquiries. By replying to it in the spaces provided it will be directed to myself or another PayPal Merchant Technical Support member if I am unavailable. From review of your API history I show that the shopping cart is sending PayPal the SetExpressCheckout and GetExpressCheckout details APIs to PayPal but is not sending any Payment APIs (DoExpressCheckoutPayment and DoDirectPayment). For example I placed an order through your shopping cart (Order #11) and received a thank you page for payment but no API was sent to PayPal. You will want to have you shopping cart provider check the server logs/integration to find out why these APIs are not being generated and ensure that no orders are marked as completed without an success API response.

Also included, for questions regarding your PayPal account, or for general inquiries, please feel free to contact our Business Support line toll free at 866-837-1851. Agents are available from 6:00 AM CST to 11:00 PM CST Monday through Friday, and 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.

For this or other technical inquires, our Merchant Technical Support Team can be reached at 800-852-1973 during the hours listed below. The PayPal Merchant Technical Support is available to assist you Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM CST - 9:00 PM CST.

Sincerely,
Justin
Merchant Technical Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Double check in the WA_Globals.php fiole that the settings for $WAGLOBAL_Gateway and $WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode are correct:

php:
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway = 1; //Enter the appropriate value based on the above key. PayPal is specified by default.

$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = false;

Note: There should not be any quotes around the false for the $WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode.

if you are still having a problem, send a copy of the confirm.php page.

Jasmalb327457

Still need help!!! Does not work

I changed WA GLobals for gateway as suggested. I have Paypal set as 1.was already set correctly. I tried another transaction and it does not work. Called paypal and this is what they suggest

You need to ask WebAssist for the exact steps do an Express Checkout transaction.

When you clicked on the final "Checkout" button on your website, it should be posting to PayPal, instead it appears to be posting to your own confirmation page. You will need to work with WebAssist to get that information to post to PayPal properly.

Also, ask them if there is a way to collect the API request you're sending to PayPal and the API response you receive.

If you have any further questions or concerns about integrating PayPal with your web site, please feel free to contact us again at: 888-221-1161, reply to this ticket, or go to integration

I had copied the confirm file on here and I don't see it anymore. I have not changed anything on that file. Can you look at the confirm file for powerstore 2 and see why the express checkout transaction is not working and sending the payment to paypal. I need help soon. Thanks
sarah

Jasmalb327457

I need your help!

I have not heard back from you yet about the issue with powerstore not sending payments to paypal. This is urgent. Please read my last post with the description of the issue!!! Thanks for your help

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what have you set the $WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode setting in the WA_Globals file to?

If the $WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode setting is not set to false, it will not send the transaction to paypal.

Please send a copy of your WA_Globals file so I can examine it. (You may want to remove your API credentials before sending it).

Note:
If you have not already, please read our support hours and policy here:
showthread.php?t=4214

Jasmalb327457

Pay pal is not working still

This is what I have in the global file. It should be correct but the shopping cart is not sending the final payment to paypal. It submits the information back to me, according to paypal tech as described
Please let me know as soon as possible, this needs to work

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.cardsyoucherish.com/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Kitty's Cherish Cards";
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "6013 Lone Elm Rd";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "Shawnee";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "KS";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "66218";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAA34lZ-0e5DkyiLl-y71vvlBQ4l_bNtLpPd7ORJ2iEnUldc5g3uxSaFEOLvcZovWKc9TEU46mhT_GUCQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";

/* Shipping Settings */
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Enabled = true; //set to true if you intend to use shipping rate lookup.

/*Shipping Settings Key:
* Use this key to determine the appropriate value for the $WAGLOBAL_Shipping setting:
* UPS = 1
* FedEx = 2
* USPS = 3
*/
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping = 3; //Enter the appropriate value based on the Shipping Setings Key above. UPS is specified by default.

//Only complete the shipping options for the shipping provider you have selected to use in the $WAGLOBAL_Shipping setting.

//UPS Shipping Settings:
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_Account = "";
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_Password = "";
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_AccessKey = "";
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_ShipperNo = "";
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_ShipType = "03"; //Enter the appropriate value for domestic shipping, based on the UPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.
$WAGLOBAL_UPS_IntShipType = "07"; //Enter the appropriate value for shipping to international customers, based on the UPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.

//FedEx Shipping Settings:
$WAGLOBAL_FedEx_Account = "";
$WAGLOBAL_FedEx_Meter = "";
$WAGLOBAL_FedEx_ShipType = "FEDEXGROUND"; //Enter the appropriate value for domestic shipping, based on the FedEx Shipping key at the bottom of this page.
$WAGLOBAL_FedEx_IntShipType = "INTERNATIONALPRIORITY"; //Enter the appropriate code for shipping to international customers, based on the FedEx Shipping key at the bottom of this page.

// USPS Shipping Settings
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_User = "140KITTY7186"; // get this when you sign up for API access
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_Server = "http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=[140KITTY7186]&XML=[XML_String_containing_140KITTY7186_733WB56HH699]"; // change this to the live server when you go live
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_ShipType = "PRIORITY"; //Enter the appropriate value for domestic shipping, based on the USPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_IntShipType = "Economy (Surface) Parcel Post"; //Enter the appropriate value for shipping to international customers, based on the USPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.

/* Payment Settings
* Use this key to determine the appropriate value for the $WAGLOBAL_Gateway setting:
* PayPal = 1
* Authorize.net = 2
*/
$WAGLOBAL_Gateway = 1; //Enter the appropriate value based on the above key. PayPal is specified by default.
$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = true; //Set to true if you are testing your shopping cart and do not want to send information to your payment gateway.

//Only complete the payment gateway options for the gateway you have selected to use in the $WAGLOBAL_Gateway setting.

//PayPal Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Sandbox = false; //Set to true if you wish to use the PayPal Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_User = "I have my information in here, did not want to release it!";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Password = "";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "";

//Authorize.net Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_Sandbox = false; //Set to true if you wish to use the Authorize.net Sandbox for testing transactions.
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_login = "";
$WAGLOBAL_Authnet_tran_key = "";

// Tax Setting
$WAGLOBAL_TaxRate = 0.0825;
$WAGLOBAL_TaxState = "";

// CAPTCHA Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width = "255" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height = "40" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters = "5" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font = "Fonts/MOM_T___.TTF" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG = "F0F0F0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise = "F0F0F0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text = "000000" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent = "0" ;

// Email Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" ;
// Contact Page
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_Subject = "Contact Form Submission" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_To = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_BCC = "" ;
// Email Verification
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_Subject = "Email Verification" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_FROM = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Verification_Email_BCC = "" ;
// Registration
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_Subject = "Welcome to our site" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_FROM = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Registration_Email_BCC = "" ;
// Lost Password
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_Subject = "Your ".$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name." login information" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_FROM = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Password_Email_BCC = "" ;
// Payment Receipt
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_Subject = "Order Receipt" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_FROM = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_BCC = "" ;
// Shipping Confirmation
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Confirm_Email_Subject = "Shipping Confirmation" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Confirm_Email_FROM = "info@cardsyoucherish.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Confirm_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Shipping_Confirm_Email_BCC = "" ;

// Admin Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "Kitty'scherishcards" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "my information" ;
?>
<?php

/*******************************************Shipping Provider
/* UPS Shipping Settings Key:
- 2nd Day Air = 02
- Ground = 03
- Worldwide Express = 07
- Worldwide Expedited = 08
- Standard = 11
- 3 Day Select = 12
- Next Day Air Saver = 13
- Next Day Air Early AM = 14
- Worldwide Express Plus = 54
- 2nd Day Air AM = 59
- Express Saver = 65
*/

/* Federal Express Shipping Settings Key:
- Priority Overnight = PRIORITYOVERNIGHT
- Standard Overnight = STANDARDOVERNIGHT
- First Overnight = FIRSTOVERNIGHT
- FedEx 2 Day = FEDEX2DAY
- FedEx Express Saver = FEDEXEXPRESSSAVER
- International Priority = INTERNATIONALPRIORITY
- International Economy = INTERNATIONALECONOMY
- International First = INTERNATIONALFIRST"
- FedEx 1 Day Freight = FEDEX1DAYFREIGHT
- FedEx 2 Day Freight = FEDEX2DAYFREIGHT
- FedEx 3 Day Freight = FEDEX3DAYFREIGHT
- FedEx Ground = FEDEXGROUND
- Ground Home Delivery = GROUNDHOMEDELIVERY
- International Priority Freight = INTERNATIONALPRIORITY FREIGHT
- International Economy Freight = INTERNATIONALECONOMY FREIGHT
- Europe First International Priority = EUROPEFIRSTINTERNATIONALPRIORITY
*/

/* USPS Shipping Settings Key:
- First-Class = FIRST CLASS
- Express = EXPRESS
- Priority = PRIORITY
- Parcel = PARCEL
- BPM (Bound Printed Matter) = BPM
- Library = LIBRARY
- Media = MEDIA

USPS_International Service
- Global Express Guaranteed Document Service = Global Express Guaranteed Document Service
- Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Service = Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Service
- Global Express Mail (EMS) = Global Express Mail (EMS)
- Airmail Letter Post = Airmail Letter Post
- Airmail Parcel Post = Airmail Parcel Post
- Economy (Surface) Letter Post = Economy (Surface) Letter Post
- Economy (Surface) Parcel Post = Economy (Surface) Parcel Post
*/
?>

neilo

I know nothing, but you have line:

$WAGLOBAL_Test_Mode = true; //Set to true if you are testing your shopping cart and do not want to send information to your payment gateway.

in your payment settings.

Jason has mentioned that this should be set to false. (Unless you are still intending to test, and not send payments).

Jasmalb327457

help

It is set to false, and it does not send the payment to paypal. What about the code does not work? This should follow through and send the payment. Why does the program not work? Help! Please look into the issue.

neilo

Apologies, - it would have been helpful if you had posted the actual current code.

Office Guy-172461

Originally Said By: Jasmalb327457
  It is set to false, and it does not send the payment to paypal.  

Are you saying that you changed it? Neilo is correct in pointing out that it was set incorrectly.

I would also like to point out that we are volunteers trying to help out while the WA guys are gone. This is a holiday weekend in the US. It sounds like you opened your store before the testing process was complete. I suggest you put up a Closed for maintenance page until you get this sorted.

10 Tips for getting quick help from a support forum
145/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...