close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

gathering sale details with no gateway

Thread began 4/27/2009 1:17 am by downloads336743 | Last modified 5/12/2009 4:36 am by downloads336743 | 2457 views | 4 replies |

downloads336743

gathering sale details with no gateway

Hi there,

I am setting up a shopping cart for my client. This is the first i've done. The client wants to process the sale offline (with no payment gateway) and so the stages are that the customer gets to confirm page, then to success page then an email to say that the sale has gone through. That all works just fine.

BUT, in terms of the processing side of things...

Firstly, i have borrowed the DB from the tutorial and modified (ie the blue sky music one that's included with ECART) but it doesn't have any table for the credit card details - not sure if it needs to and if so how would i link it up from the site?

Most importantly though is how does my client get the CC details to process the sale? I had thought about the info going to her email but this seems a bit unsecure...So please if someone can help, what do i do from here??

Is there any documetation anywhere that may help? I have taken a look at the WebAssist help docs but don't seem to be able to find anything that matches my query.

Would appreciate any assistance!!
Cheers
Nic

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The samples all involve immediate payment. This is an advantage because it doesn't require keeping credit card information which is a general bad practice and represents a liability. You can add CC fields to your database and store them, but you should also consider encryption and removal of the credit card data immediately after processing. You should never include credit card information in an email.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

downloads336743

thanks Ray,
Though i still have the problem of not knowing how does my client get the CC details to process the sale? - Is there any sort of training material that might help with this?? Although the CC info gets sent (in a xxxx xxxx 1234 type format) via email to the customer, how does my client get the proper details - ie the 1234 5678 9012 3456 format with expiry etc?
Many thanks
Nicholas

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can store those values in the session using the same technique used to store everything else. Just look at the set session value server behaviors on the confirm page that sets everything else and set more session variables for anything that is not stored. Then you can refer to those session variables wherever you need to.

CC information is probably already stored in the session, I think a function is used to strip all but the last four digits, if you removed that function it would have the full card number or refer directly to the value in the session since that is what is passed to the vendor in an actual checkout scenario.

You can add cc info fields to your orders table in your database and inser the cc number and expiration data and cc value by updating the "Store cart Summary in Database" server behavior on the confirm page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

downloads336743

Thanks Ray.
I ended up using datassist to create the backend - it worked out to be easier in the end!
Appreciate your help
Nic

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...