close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

New Pages

Thread began 11/21/2009 4:18 pm by ron.haysbert231945 | Last modified 11/22/2009 6:59 pm by shadow329043 | 2708 views | 8 replies |

ron.haysbert231945

New Pages

I am new to CMS and I have uploaded the site and I can access the login page, but none of the other pages will appear.

admin

rhaysbert0001
qmew9ya#@

When I click on the insert page, it does not give me the correct path to the page. It leaves out the "CMS" portion of the page. Where do I correct this error.
If I insert "CMS" in the path I am directed to the Insert page.

Help

Ron

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hiya Ron,

The problem seems to be in part that your CMS folder isn't sitting in the root folder of your site, but in your 'test_site30/CMS/' folder.

Try moving your CMS folder to the root folder of your site and testing server as defined in your site definitions.

If necessary, create a new site in Dreamweaver. If your files are in CMS folder in your new site, you may find the information here useful:

215/

shadow329043

Sounds like a path problem - what did you in the WA_Globals file?

-

ron.haysbert231945

Existing Site Changes.

Thanks I will try " reconstructing" my site on my localhost, and see if I can correct the issure. I set the strcuture up to look like the pictures in the instruction. Is there any code in any of the files other than the ones in the instruction that need to be altered.

Also, on another note. Can this CMS recongize existing pages, or do you have to add the 3 lines of code to every page of an existing site.

Got a chance to reconstrute the site and it did work locally. But I recieved this error on the page. Any ideal:
Warning: virtual() [function.virtual]: Unable to include '/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php' - request execution failed in C:\wamp\www\test_site\aboutus.php on line 64

This is the code from those lines.

<div id="outerWrapper">
<div id="header">Header</div>
<div id="topNavigation">
<?php virtual("/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>
</div>

neilo

Hi Ron,

In your site definition, you may have set the links to be relative to site root rather than document.

See Jason's reply in this thread . That will sort you out nicely.

----------------------

You will need to add the CMS lines of code (the two at the top, and a line wherever you want an editable region) on each page you want included in the CMS.

shadow329043

No - existing pages are not recognized. You add the three lines of code to any page that will display the CMS page contents. I just converted my site this past week. I just move the content to the CMS system from each page and then deleted the old content and added the three lines of code. Worked nicely.............feel free to look - I am still working on it but I don't mind people looking.... you can get my URL from my profile

ron.haysbert231945

Thanks Every one

Shadow: I looked at your site// I am going to try to do that. My work is cut out for me. I have a site with a least 100 page. What would happen to my pages if I put the first to lines of code in my templete then added the third as needed.???

neilo

As long as your 100 pages are in the same level of the hierarchy - i.e all in the root directory, or all one folder deep (different directories would be ok), that should be fine. Otherwise you could make more than on template, i.e one for the root directory pages, one for second level directory pages etc.

shadow329043

Thanks! It is a work in progress, but I am happy with it so far. Also - I've had SOME problems with using a template - I found that it is easier to do a blank page based on the template and then detach THAT page from the template and use it to create new pages. I have not figured out the cause problem since my first page was based on a template and did not have the problem (my problem was the text from the CMS would not display on a new page based on the same template) - could be something that I am doing. Doing a mixture of static and CMS pages should not cause a problem . Having the first two line of inserted code on a static page should not cause a problem either. Once your pages are in the CMS, it is so easy to edit and make changes without worrrying about formatting issues and so on. Just do them at your own speed and you won't have any problems.......and you can ask questions as needed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...