close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

problems .....

Thread began 11/20/2009 9:54 am by i.edwards384429 | Last modified 11/21/2009 1:09 am by i.edwards384429 | 1403 views | 5 replies |

i.edwards384429

problems .....

Hi

using the "adding digitalfile pro to datainseret and update pages " tutorial I as usual seem to be having a problem or two.

I got up to stage 14 no problem.

In stage one I selected web image so as to allow me to set resizing.

Then in step two entered the details as per the screen shot

I then selected finish and double clicked on the insert record behavior

I followed the instructions and clicked finish.

IN the section "Applying digitalfilepro to you update page"

it says Use the following instructions for creating this fiels in your Insert page, I assume this should mean the update page?

IN step 10 it says "open the Insert page" I assume this means the update page I have been working on?

When I go through this sequence when I reach stage 18 the settings are not specified as they were in the insert page.

Am I missing something?

tthanks
Ian

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Ian,

What is, specifically, the issue your having? Is it getting the value from the Digital File Pro to be saved correctly in your database?

I'll be around for a bit and I am sure I can help you with this.

Best regards,

Brian

i.edwards384429

update

Hi Brian

thanks, my issues are many - probably because I'm not sure what I'm doing ;-) and it's all a learning curve.

I'm building a web site (simple enough) for photographers and models so that a model puts up her portfolio and a photographer searches by age, sex etc to get a list of models.

I suspect that with hindsight I have approached the problem in the wrong way and with the knowledge I have gained I should start again! So I'm looking for a yes or no;-)

What I did was use the registration solution for a user tablle for the models adding fields for sex, age ethnicity etc. I then used data assist and the forum to create a search sequence .

This worked OK.

I duplicated the table and used security assist to create another registration sequence for photographers and created the rule that they could not access the search,results etc pages unless thier registration was confirmed.

This also worked.

I now wanted the models to be able to upload images used digital upload to show thier portfolio. Form hear on it all went a bit wrong.

I had not created the insert page using data assist and the instructions for adding the files to the data assist insert and update pages are to me not very clear (sorry to be long winded)

I am not seeing what is in the tutorial and I suspect it's because I did not create the pages at the start. I'm also getting red exclamation marks in my server behaviour panel.

Would I be better to start again ? or carry on struggling?

cheers

Ian

Jimmy Wu

What I would suggest in this situation is to get familiar with each of the products you are using and the limitations on each is. Try going through the different tutorials for each of the products you plan to use and experiment with them before trying to implement something more complicated that involves all the products together. This way when something is not working as it should be you will be able to determine more precisely what may have gone wrong.

anonymous

Hi Ian,

No worries... not long winded at all... but what I suggest is to first write down or prioritize everything you want your site to accomplish and then start working on it bit by bit - like a checklist. Once, you get in your mind what the holistic goal is, think of the specifics that will get you there and then work on one problem at a time.

With this page for the users to upload photos, just so I understand... it sounds like you have not yet built the pages, correct? If that is the case, you could use the DataAssist wizard and use the wizard ability to filter results to determine who can see and update specific records. For example, when someone logs in and goes to their page with their photos and entries, you could have one application that filters by the user ID.

Again, I'm just talking generally here without knowing which exact thing you want to accomplish... so even if it takes a few posts or thread, just ask what you want... there are plenty of people here to help.

Best regards,

Brian

i.edwards384429

thanks

Thanks one and all

Ian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...