close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

content is at the bottom of the page?

Thread began 11/19/2009 7:44 am by JBWebWorks | Last modified 11/20/2009 6:23 am by neilo | 2718 views | 7 replies |

JBWebWorks

content is at the bottom of the page?

Using CSS Sculptor version 3.0.0
design is 3 Column liquid Header and Footer

Problem-- on a couple of pages in design view, the content div is at the bottom of the page beneath the left and right column. In browser view on my pc, it displays properly but on another pc it displays at the bottom of the page.
On other pages, it is not a problem, just on the 2 pages?

settings are
#outerWrapper {
background-color: #fff;
margin: 0 auto 0 auto; /* Sets the margin properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
text-align: left; /* Redefines the text alignment defined by the body element. */
width:100%;
min-width:1200px;
border:solid 10px #009933;

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #rightColumn1 {
background-color: #ffff00;
border-left: none 1px #a8a2d1; /* Sets the left border properties for an element using shorthand notation */
float: right;
height: 2500px;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; /* Sets the padding properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
width: 20%;
}
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #leftColumn1 {
background-color: #ffff00;
border-right: none 1px #a8a2d1; /* Sets the right border properties for an element using shorthand notation */
float: left;
height: 2500px;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; /* Sets the padding properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
width: 20%;
}

/* Contains the main page content. When using a mutliple column layout the margins will be set to account for the floated columns' width, margins, and padding. */
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
margin: 0 22% 0 22%; /* Sets the margin properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
height:2500px;
}
attached is an image of my screen in design view using dreamweaver cs4

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Using the css you provided on a 3 Column liquid Header and Footer CSSS page, I can't seem to reproduce your problem. Is it possible to provide the code between the body tags of one of the faulty pages?

JBWebWorks

thanks for your response.

the entire content on the main page is in a table 100% width cellspacing 5 two columns and 5 rows.
Using properties in DW CS4 i had the table align to center. I just changed it to align default and i think it solved the problem for that page because in design view the content went to the top of the content div?
here is the page
www.bubbasmobileyardsales.com

the other page is
sponsor-information.php
it has a table in the content which is set 100% width cellspacing 5 two columns (1 column 410px width) two rows.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce a problem viewing the page in FireFox, IE7 or 8 and Safari. I have tried viewing the page on 4 different computers using both windows and mac.

JBWebWorks

thanks Jason for your help.
I don't know why but changing the table from align="center" to align=default fixed the problem.

in design view
with <table align="center>
show as img screen_bad.jpg

with <table>
shown as img screen_good.jpg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, Glad to hear you have it working.

Miguel

You can also do a trick there to have your table aligned, i had that rpoblem before and was when i used tables with 100% if you change it to 99% it wont go down either

neilo

Hi JB,

Must admit that I'm al ittle confused as to why you are using CSS Sculptor to fashion the page, when its component parts and css functionality has largely been replaced by tables.

I may be missing something, but might this not be a good time to switch to a (near) fully css site?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...