close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product results issues

Thread began 11/17/2009 8:01 pm by latellogroup375248 | Last modified 11/25/2009 12:17 pm by Eric Mittman | 4232 views | 5 replies |

latellogroup375248

Product results issues

In the main menu at the top of the page under Products when in the drop down menu If you click on a product i.e. Tanks or T-Shirts, it goes to all products.

Isn't there a way to make this go to the individual product page and essentially not the "all products page"? All help is greatly appreciated.

www.livingtrue2me.com

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I think that you are just missing a part of the menu code that should be filtering based on category. In the site go to the CSSMenuWriter folder, in here open the cssmw_home then open up the menu.php file.

In here on your line 79 should look like this:

php:
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search_x=true&CategoryID=<?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>

If your file has this line any different then you should update it to be like this. This should make the category links filter based on the category.

latellogroup375248

Still doesn't work right.

Thanks Eric for your response. I have made the chages you suggested to the code. However the only code that came close was on line 77 not 79. When you hover over products at the top main drop down menu at the top of any page and the drop down menu shows the drop down list under products and you click on any product it still takes you to a page that shows all products. If you click on one of the products on the side list it takes you to the exact product you click on. I have pasted lines 71 to 80 of my code in the menu.php you refered me to. This is what it looks like after I made the changes you suggested. Please let me know if you see any errors in the code or if there is something else I can send you to help. Thank you.

<ul class="level-1">
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Our Designs.php">Our Designs</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Search.php">Search</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search=0">Show All Products</a></li>
<?php if ($totalRows_menuwriter_productcategories > 0) { // Show if recordset not empty ?>
<?php do { ?>
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search_x=true&CategoryID=<?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>
<?php } while ($row_menuwriter_productcategories = mysql_fetch_assoc($menuwriter_productcategories)); ?>
<?php } // Show if recordset not empty ?>
</ul>

Eric Mittman

I think you have almost got it all working, there is only one little thing that I can see that should be updated.

In your code that looks like this:

php:
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search_x=true&CategoryID=<? php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>

You should update the Search_x to just be Search like this:

php:
<li><a href="<?php echo($assumedRoot); ?>Products_Results.php?Search=true&CategoryID=<? php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryID"]; ?>"><?php echo $row_menuwriter_productcategories["CategoryName"]; ?></a></li>

I did some testing on your live site to confirm that this is the way it should be. I must have been testing this from your search page the first time to get that value, sorry about that. Please update this and let us know if there is any other problems.

latellogroup375248

It WORKS

Thanks Eric. I should have caught that when I was reading it before I pasted it in. Thanks for your help and very fast response it is greatly appreciated. Have a great night.

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear that it worked out, let us know if you have any other issues and we will be glad to help you out.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...