close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Flat Rate Shipping - PS & eCart

Thread began 11/10/2009 12:53 pm by terry164844 | Last modified 12/28/2009 1:16 pm by Dani Chankhour | 1635 views | 5 replies |

terry164844

Flat Rate Shipping - PS & eCart

Hi. I have PowerStore and I also own eCart and I need to add Flat Rate Shipping to the checkout.

Standard Delivery - $6.95
2nd Day Delivery - $9.95
Next Day Deliver - $14.95

I need to allow the customer to select one of three options and the appropiate charges get added to the cart. Standard Deliver ($6.95) will be the default.

I read that PowerStore doesn't allow for flat rate shipping (ugggg) but can I do this in the eCart?

How and when do I allow the user to select the type of shipping?

Terry

Sign in to reply to this post

terry164844

Can I with eCart allow user to select the shipping?

My thinking is that I should be able to allow user to select from a dropdown or a radio grop the type of shipping they want (Standard, 2nd Day, Next Day) and then that determines what the shipping rates will be.

I would need to set a session variable (is that the right approach) to triggers the eCart object rule to charge the appropiate rate.

How do you change a session variable (php) with an onChange event (javascript)?

Terry

Dani Chankhour

This requires a little bit of work but we might able to get it to work. the first thing that needs to happen is remove the Shipping Server behaviors that are on the confirm page. There should be about three of them (you could just comment them out: 356 - 570).

You will then add your select list with the three options. And then on the confirm page you will set a session of the value of the type of shipping selected. and you will use that shipping in your eCart object to set the shipping rule.

terry164844

Works Great

Dani,

Thank you. Works like a charm.

I appreciate your help,

Terry

AcquireCom

Managing shipping charges better

Hi Dani,
Can you please tell me how to setup the checkout process, so customers can cancel shipping charges for items that will be picked up at the retail store?

Thanks!

Dani Chankhour

I think you will need to add another drop down to your check out page to indicate whether to include shipping or not to include and based on the selection you could set the Session value from your shipping drop down list.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...