close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Implementing reCaptcha in UE 3.0.5

Thread began 4/24/2009 6:28 am by sjurick372352 | Last modified 9/03/2009 11:04 am by troyd | 5947 views | 18 replies |

sjurick372352

Implementing reCaptcha in UE 3.0.5

I'm trying to integrate reCaptcha into UE. The first part is easy which requires calling the recaptchalib.php from the form.php page, but I need to know which of the follwing self-generated UE pages is considered the "mail processing" page so I can add the 2nd part of the code to it:

mail_PHP.php
MailFormatting_PHP.php
WAUE_pagename_1.php

Thanks,
Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could probably add it to the page where you have applied universal email. I think that would be the processing page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

troyd

Was this ever resolved. I have U.E. working great in a contact form.

And I have reCaptcha working great in a separate version of that form. But when I try to put the two together, things stop working. I am sure I have something in the wrong place, but I can't figure it out.
I've studied both documents and I can't see where I have gone wrong.

There are basically two main parts to the reCaptcha code. The first part they instruct you to put right before the "submit" button. That's easy enough. But the second part they instruct you to make sure is at the very top of the "processing" page. Well, since the form has an action="" then my form's page would be the processing page. But that doesn't work. Neither does putting it at the top of the mail_PHP.php page.

Any advise?

I will gladly post my simple test form code here, but I wasn't sure if it was ok to post code that included the reCaptcha code here as well.

Also, if there is a different captcha technique that has worked better with U.E., I am interested in trying that instead.

Thanks,
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We offer a CAPTCHA solution in our FormBuilder product. The code for it is also part of the Contact Solution. If you own one of those I can describe how to implement it using that code. I am not familiar with reCaptcha, but I imagine it should be possible to do so you are probably missing something simple, but I am not familiar enough to be sure.

troyd

Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I don't own either. I do own the Super Suite, and the User Registration solution. I know that the User Registration solution has a CAPTCHA in it. I thought it was created with extensions within the Super Suite.

Just as an FYI, reCAPTCHA is the latest from the creators of the original CAPTCHA from Carnegie Mellon University recaptcha.net/. At least that's how I understand it. I'm not really a big fan of the interface so I don't mind trying something different.

Thanks,
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you have Form Builder, it will add CAPTCHA to a form.

Otherwise you can just copy and paste the captcha from your User Registration page to another page and use Validation Toolkit to validate it. Depending on when you got the Super Suite you will have one or the other.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you have Form Builder, it will add CAPTCHA to a form.

Otherwise you can just copy and paste the captcha from your User Registration page to another page and use Validation Toolkit to validate it. Depending on when you got the Super Suite you will have one or the other.

troyd

Thanks Ray. I did use the registration page to copy and paste to my contact form. I have captcha and the form working but for some reason if you fill in the form and then type in an incorrect captcha, it erases all that was filled into the form.
I know it's something I did wrong, I'm still studying where the session is not picking up my form.

I've got something in the wrong place, I just don't know what yet.

Thanks
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I bet it is a mismatch in names.

If you update the page name or apply server validation it might update the page reference in the server code, which in turn requires updating the page reference in the value references.

It is a bug of sorts, since the next version of form builder won't ever update the page reference once implemented it won't have the problem. The current version it is easy to get out of synch.

Most likely you should look in your server validation code and find where the page name reference is. Then make sure it is the same on the form itself and find/replace if it isn't.

troyd

Ok, you lost me a little. Are you referring to the session name? On the Users Registration form page the name & id of the form is WAATKRegistrationForm and the session name is WAVT_usersRegistration_Errors and the file name of the form page is users_Registration.php

I'm getting confused because there is an "_" in the page file name and yet this page works great. It keeps the form filled as it should.

On my form I do have all of the names changed to match my form name and page. My form name and id is vendorsform, the session is $_SESSION['WAVT_vendorsform_Errors'] = "";
and the file name of the page is vendorsform.php.

Which part of the above are you referring to?

Thanks,
Troy

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...