close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

menu open when inserted

Thread began 11/09/2009 11:36 am by moretimbits342574 | Last modified 11/11/2009 7:18 am by neilo | 3772 views | 11 replies |

moretimbits342574

menu open when inserted

Just bought the program today and maybe I am missing something obvious. When I insert the menu it is open. I can't figure out why it is not collapsed. I have inserted it between the navigation tags.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you post a link so we can examine the code.

moretimbits342574

open menu

have a look - index_test.html

Both my husband and I have Web Assist products. I have a MAC and he has a PC. Is it possible that somehow I downloaded a PC version of the program? That was one thought we had. Thanks for your help.

neilo

Hiya,

A couple of things - The 'CSSMenuWriter' and 'Scripts' folders don't appear to have uploaded to your web server. You need to upload both those folders.

Also, you will need to correct a couple of the paths to these folders in your 'index_test.html' page.

The paths in this bit of code inside the Head tags of your page:

<script src="Scripts/swfobject_modified.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu.js"></script>
<style type="text/css" media="all">
<!--
@import url("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu.css");
-->

</style>
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
@import url("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu_ie.css");
</style>

<![endif]-->

need to be changed to these:

<script src="Scripts/swfobject_modified.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu.js"></script>
<!--
@import url("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu.css");
-->

</style>
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
@import url("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw7/menu_ie.css");
</style>

<![endif]-->

moretimbits342574

open menu

I have changed the code as you suggested. Where do I find the folders 'CSSmenuWriter' and 'Scripts'? I assume I need to have these in my root folder - is that correct?
My other MAJOR problem is that I now cannot open my CSS Sculptor. I have used it for a long time with no problems but since I downloaded the menu writer it won't open. I get a screen that says -

While executing onload in wacs_wizard.htm the following javascript error occurred.
In file "wacs_wizard":
initialize UI is not defined.

At this point my MAC freezes. I cannot do a force quit and I have to manually shut it down.
Can you help me with this?

neil393381

Hiya moretimbits,

When you run CSSMenuWriter in Dreamweaver, it should place the CSSmenuWriter' and 'Scripts' folders in the root of your Dreamweaver site. Is it not doing this? If it isn't, maybe there's a problem with the way your site is defined in Dreamweaver's site definition. Might be worth checking 'Manage Sites' > Your Site and checking the structure of the local site for a clue as to where these folders are being placed.

Regarding the error message, - this seems to be a common occurence, and is a DreamWeaver fault, rather than a WebAssist Extension fault. The way that people seem to be solving this is by deleting the DreamWeaver 'MacFileCache' file

Instructions for doing that are Here

neilo

Oooh - I just bought some more extensions, and got logged in as a new user. Am both neilo and neil393381.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Contact the sales department at sales [at] webassist.com and they will be able to merge your two accounts.

neilo

Cheers Jason.

(I have enough trouble being one person never mind two)

moretimbits342574

No css menuwriter file

The 'Scripts' file is there in the root folder- but the menuwriter folder is not.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...