close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Import not mainting website structure

Thread began 11/09/2009 8:59 am by barry393234 | Last modified 12/01/2009 11:08 am by Jimmy Wu | 2017 views | 5 replies |

barry393234

Site Import not mainting website structure

I purchased site import and was able to import my website into Dreamweaver. Unfortunately it did not maintain the structure, the header and left side coulombs were retrieved with the menu structures but the center (main) is blank and the footer is missing as well. Is there a way to import the entire site in tact with maintaining the structure or am I asking too much? FYI original site created in FrontPage.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

What is the site you are importing? I'd like to try this on my end to see what results I get.

barry393234

site to import

The site to import is www.aviationgroundequip.com. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy Wu

I am able to reproduce this behavior. This will take some more looking into to determine the cause, but it may have something to do with how the layout of the pages are using tables which are getting messed up on import.

barry393234

site to import

Jimmy,
Thanks for the update. Any idea at what sort of time frame I am looking at? I want to move ahead and trying to figure out time frame.
Barry

Jimmy Wu

Sorry for the delay, I will keep looking into this issue and get back to you on this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...