close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Update Manager

Thread began 11/07/2009 12:41 pm by codamedia | Last modified 11/07/2009 12:41 pm by codamedia | 983 views | 0 replies |

codamedia

Update Manager

Sometimes I hate making suggestions, as many come from my experience with Interakt. WA is going a great job with the products, support, etc... but every now and then I realize something I took for granted is, well - not there anymore :)

In this case, it is an "update manager".

Both Interakts Kollection, as well as Adobe's ADDT had a control panel that installed as one of the tools. It handled the basic functions of their tools, but WA already does a good job of this - within each tool.

BUT - one of the items in the Control Panel was titled "Update Includes". WOW - do I miss this! (please keep in mind, they called it "update includes" because all of their extensions installed were within the "includes" folder) Here is what is did:

1: It listed all "installed" products. (installed into Dreamweaver, not the current site)
2: It provided you with the "installed version number"
3: It provided you with the "Site version number".
4: If the product was not installed on the site, it would simply say - "not installed" but it would still tell you the "Dreamweaver Installed" version number.

EG: Using WA as an example:

Product     Installed Version     Site Version
eCart 4.3 4.1
dataassist 2.1 1.2
iRite 1.4 not installed

etc... etc...

At a glance you could tell which "site versions" were not up to date with your "installed versions" of the software. You simply checked each item you wanted to update and clicked - you guessed it - Update Selected! DONE! Your local site folders were updated with the current version of the "includes" (functions, classes, etc...) and all you had to do was upload to your live server.

This was a great tool! Any chance of getting such a thing with WA!

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...