close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal error 15008

Thread began 11/06/2009 3:31 pm by neileisen207079 | Last modified 11/19/2009 12:28 pm by Eric Mittman | 9243 views | 11 replies |

neileisen207079

PayPal error 15008

I keep getting this error message useing Paypal in sandbox mode. I recently added added charges but I get it even if not applied to the order. I also tried rolling back to the ecart object I had prior to making the changes today but it still did it.

This is the full text of the error:

This transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items.

Please help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

What is the version of eCart that you are working with? Did you use the checkout wizard? This sounds a bit like an old issue that was present in a previous release of eCart. The newest release should not have this problem. At the time of this post the release is 4.5.2. Creating a set of checkout pages with version should create pages that do not have this error.

If you cannot resolve this issue using the latest release please post back and include some info about the charge that you are implementing that is resulting in this error.

neileisen207079

Thanks Eric, I did recently upgrade to 4.5.2 and I think that may be when it started happening. Since I was in the middle of building this site when I upgraded, I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to do to "upgrade" the site. This site was started by a developer who quit in the middle of the job, and I took over trying to figure it out myself. With the help of you support wizards, I've been working on this VERY complex application for almost a year.

The checkout pages are customized quite a bit, and I actually have 3 different versions of them based on session variables depending on whether a customer has the ability to order and get invoiced, or place the order and pay immediately with a credit card.

I've muddled through the whole thing and now I'm almost done with everything, and now I'm randomly checking orders and getting this problem. I find that if I close the browser (Firefox latest) and then open it again there is no problem. Its just if I try to make more than one order in a row without shutting and reopening the browser.

Clearing the browser cache however doesnt have an effect.

Can you help me figure out how to update my pages and site if thats what I need to do?
Thanks - I would really appreciate any help you can give me....I'm lost.

I have gotten pretty good at disecting your code, and I even recently discovered a bug that I'm told you are going to fix on the next release. I ran into a new issue yesterday trying to store a value in the database on the checkout transaction that just wouldnt take...and I had to hand edit that code to get it to work. I feel over my head.

neileisen207079

Narrowing it down

Eric,
The problem comes from the fact that I added 2 "charges" to the e-cart object last week.
These charges work perfectly, but they are what is causing this error. I did what you suggested and deleted checkout.php, checkout_success.php, checkout_failure.php, confirm.php, shipping_failure.php, pp_confirm.php, pp_cancel.php, pp_checkout_success.php, and pp_checkout_failure.php, after backing up the colies I had.

I then regenerated them using the wizard, copied all the settings from the other version I had already done, and posted the new pages. I got the same failed transaction. I tried a number of different settings, and still nothing worked.

the ONLY difference was that I was NOT able to get ANY PayPal error message code to work on the failure page. Anyway... the last thing I tried was removing the CHARGES from the e-cart object and reloading it using the newly generated pages. That worked fine. I then reloaded the OLD pages using the new e-cart object with the charges removed. THAT worked fine.

I have now reloaded back my old (very customized) pages again, since I know that they werent the problem.

NOW I need help.

Eric Mittman

It sounds like you have got the issue kinda resolved but I'm not sure about the current situation. Are you getting the errors with the files you need for the checkout? If so do you have the same charge rules active? If you know for sure that this problem only occurs when running multiple transactions it may be an issue related to the clearing of the session. If this is the case then having some extra code to kill off the session when the transaction completes may help. You can do a session unset like this:

php:
unset($_SESSION);

Please post back and let us know the current condition with your files you are now using.

neileisen207079

Not resolved

Thanks Eric, but it's not resolved. I did figure out WHY I'm getting the error- it's because I am using charges. I tested it various ways and it only works when I remove the charges from the cart object. I do need to use charges, and I can't be the only person using charges and PayPal. What I need to know is how to fix it.

I realized that what I originally thought about closing the browser each time doesn't work. The session is definitely being closed each time.

I still need an answer. Thanks

neileisen207079

Rats

OK... tried it again today, and I still get the error no matter what. Whith or without charges added, and with or without newly generated checkout pages.

I can make an order that bypasses Paypal but I cant get PayPal to accept an order no matter what the product is.

The session is being cleared completely each time and verified through debugging code on the page so that's not it.

I have 2 versions of the cart object, one with the charges, and one without. Each produces the same resulting error. So that's not it

I have the pages that have worked all along up until a week or so ago, which now do not work, and I have the newly generated checkout pages generated yeaterday, and none of them work... I get the same PayPal error about the number of items in the cart.

I am so frustrated... one step forward and two steps back every step of the way.

I am having so many problems.

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue, to update the ticket or check it's status please login to the site and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

neileisen207079

Thanks Eric.

Eric Mittman

Your welcome, please post other questions here on the forum while you are working on that issue if you have any other problems with this checkout.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...