close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Where to find the Advanced File Features?

Thread began 11/05/2009 1:14 pm by Cologne | Last modified 1/07/2010 12:59 pm by neilo | 5774 views | 22 replies |

Cologne

Where to find the Advanced File Features?

Where can I find that features? I only got that green Browser window.

Advanced file management features – New!
Cropping
Rotating
Deleting
And more…

Denis

Sign in to reply to this post

Matthew Meling

Advanced file features are available when the Advanced File Manager has been enabled in the Global File Upload Settings option by adding a database connection. Enable File Management must also be enabled within the Global File Upload Settings, and your editor preset must have file upload and advanced image editing enabled.

Once the above settings are configured, the advanced editor can be accessed through an HTML Editor you have inserted on a page by clicking the Insert/Edit Link, Insert/ Edit Image, or Insert Edit Flash buttons, then clicking "Browse Server" on the resulting window.

Cologne

? so it only works with a database connetction?

Cologne

OK, I got an Database selected now. What does it do with the database? does it create tables?

When I change thinks in the editor, do I always need to upload ALL THE FILES? that takes extremly long :-(((

Denis

Matthew Meling

Yes, the advanced options require a database to keep track of all sorts of things such as image data, tags, and directories.

It will create all the tables it needs with the prefix "kfm_".

As for uploading the files every time, you can work directory with the files on your server in Dreamweaver by changing from local view to remote view or testing server in the file window, but that isn't necessarily recommended. If something was to happen, it's always good to have a backup.

neilo

Did you ever get this working?

I would like this to work for me in PowerCMS (1.0.2) but with database set up, all advanced features checked, etc. still no advanced file management/image editing.

Mathew, did you managed to get this to work?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to A) set up a database in your server settings and B) make sure to enable Advanced file editing in the preset.

Then just right-click on the image to crop, rotate, etc.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

neilo

Thanks Ray, but yes, I have done that.

I have uploaded the PowerCMS files to two different sites (having edited the connections file and the WA_Globals.php). Dani mentioned that I didn't need to 'set' anything, PCMSv1.0.2 was already configured.

Both CMS work fine, but I don't get the Advanced File Manager or Image Editing.

Uploading the same configuration, folders, files - without 'setting' anything (apart from the localhost.php & WA_Globals.php) to a third site (different server) I get the Advanced Editor and File Management.

The third site was a test, - but I really need it to work on the first two.

The File manager URL in the 'Working' implementation points to:
index.php

And the 'Not Working' one points to:
browser.php

My 'Download' page gives my latest version of of PowerCMS as version 1.0.1, but the downloaded folder is called CMS102.

I would welcome any suggestions you may have.

Here is the phpinfo for Not working site 1, Not working site 2, and Working site.

Incidentally, the 'setting your globals' support file is somewhat error laden!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Create a page on one of those sites with an HTML editor instance. I will try to debug what isn't working.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

neilo

Thanks Ray.

I have sent you an email with the CMS login details, so that you may look at the actual (no advanced features) instance of HTML Editor within the CMS environment. I have applied it to a basic template, as have wiped out the site for a clean install.

Will also create instance of just HTML Editor using that extension shortly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...