close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Digital File Pro upload files

Thread began 11/02/2009 10:13 am by chris373619 | Last modified 11/09/2009 3:49 pm by Eric Mittman | 3812 views | 10 replies |

chris373619

Digital File Pro upload files

Hi,
I am creating my first database with webAssist. I was following the instructions on how to Display you upload images on DataAssist pages. I need to display the uploaded file not image. It says simply create a (a href="") tag. I'm did my best to figure this out but it didn't work. Can you tell me what I did wrong?
pdf_index_Results.php

Also I applied the progress bar to the upload page but it's not working for me.
Can you look at this also.
adminpdf_index_Insert.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In your first link I did not see any results so I was not able to see any bad file links. For the second link you posted I got a 404 error on the page.

When it come to DFP after you have uploaded the file and store it's name in your db you can reference the file in a link like this:

php:
<a href="your folder/<?php echo $_rowYourRecordset['image name'?>"><?php echo $_rowYourRecordset['image name'?></a>

You would need to adjust this for your folder path, the name of your recordset and the name of the column in your table that holds the file name. This would create a link on the page that linked directly to this file.

chris373619

Sorry copy paste didn't work so well with the link in the last e-mail.
Feel free to try to upload something small to test the progress bar at the link below.

pdf_index_Insert.php

I tried to enter the code to link the picture but that didn't work for me. Any ideas?
I guess check out what I have and let me know what I did wrong.

I added the Security Assist to the site since this post (and that's working). You have to use the log in to access the pages now.
go to:
admin_LogIn.php
User name: tsrpdfinsert
Password:tsraz1

Thanks,
Chris

chris373619

Data Assist and Digital File pro

I think my problem is the search results don't work. I see the record created on the database but the search page doesn't show anything. When you post a file on the insert page it doesn't show a file uploaded successful message.

chris373619

I started over because I didn't receive a response. I updated all the DataAssist plugins and cleared the .dat file just to have a clean start.

I have used the dataAssist Wizard a ton of time now to try to see if I did something wrong with the wizard. I don't see anything at this point I could have changed. I still have the issue with the results not showing up and the upload not showing up after and upload. I took off the admin pages and the progress bar just to eliminate those topics on this issue. I love what this software does I just wish I could get it to work right. My fear is that it will never work right without help. Is this common or am I just doing something wrong or not doing something?

Please help, I spent days on this part and I'm getting nowhere.

Thank you for you're time.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the links and the login, this is very helpful. I can see that your search is not returning any results. This will need to be fixed up in order for you to view a link to the image.

Before you get this part worked out though you should get the other parts in working order. On the upload insert page can you confirm that the files are being uploaded and inserted into the db?

If you are then we can jump rite into the DataAssist Search server behavior on the results page.

chris373619

Yes, I got your PNG file you uploaded. Just no results.

I see the record in the database but no name. Before I saw a name with the record but now I don't see anything.

chris373619

Frustrated!

Still in the same place as I was days ago. Can't some one help me from tech support?

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the updated info but I'm not sure if you are having problems with the record insert at this time. Have you done any further testing to confirm if you are getting the records inserted correctly? This is the first thing we need to clear up, if the records are not getting inserted correctly then you will need to update this before you can move onto the listing page. If the records are not being inserted correctly please explain what troubles you are having with this part.

When it comes to your results page you can make a test page that has just a recordset to select all of the records from the table. Once you have added this recordset you can use the bindings to add data from the recordset to the page. After adding the bindings for the data to the page you can add in a repeat region to make the data repeat for all of the records from your recordset. Once you do this you should see all of the values listed on the page, you can then modify the page to have links to the files displayed instead using code like in post #2.

chris373619

I did fix the insert page to insert the filename into the database correctly. I also tried to change the server behaviors based on some of the videos I saw on the webassist website.
I never got the results page to show anything. I will try you're suggestions in the morning.
If you could give me any more instruction or look at the code to tell me what's wrong I would appreciate it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...