close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

TypeError: includesFolderArray[1] has no proerties

Thread began 11/02/2009 5:35 am by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 11/02/2009 11:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 3957 views | 11 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

I'm using DW 8.0, Win XP Pro and CSS MenuWriter 2.0.3.
This is my first attempt at using version 2.0.3.

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to edit any of my CSS MenuWriter settings:

Error initializing menu object (wa.generate.getMenuSettingsObject):

When I initially created the new menu, using version 2.0.3, and edited the width and height of the Main Level, then clicked into Level 2, it deleted the Main Level!

So, I uninstalled/reinstalled, and now I'm getting the "TypeError: includesFolderArray[1] has no properties" error.

Is this a known bug/issue? I really don't want to have to run through another install.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Nathon

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Solving problems with Dreamweaver

I would start with step 1:
146/

Nathon Jones Web Design

No joy.

Hi OfficeGuy,

Just closed DW, deleted the cache file, re-opened DW, opened the CSS MenuWriter settings, clicked "Finish" and the same error is appearing.
Even if I don't edit anything, and just click "Ok" I get this error.

I don't see how the configuration folder could be corrupt because I clean installed version 2.0.3 and everything was working fine up to that point.

Any other ideas? Really appreciate the help, thank you.

Regards
Nathon

Office Guy-172461

Just found this thread:
showthread.php?t=1736

Also make sure that you remove any extension before installing a new version or you might have to go to step 2.

Office Guy-172461

You answer my questions while I type. :)

Nathon Jones Web Design

This keeps happening though, and only with this WebAssist extension.

My understanding was that later releases would resolve these issues but clearly something is being missed here, unless I'm the only person on the planet who's experiencing this?

Ray offered the same solutions as you have, and my apologies for not spotting that it was the same error but, in doing so, I guess you've highlighted the fact that this error isn't being resolved in version updates from WebAssist.

What does this error mean?

TypeError: includesFolderArray[1] has no properties

Why would includesFolderArray[1] have no properties?

I'll guess I'll do what I've clearly done as a result of my other post, and that is to completely uninstall/reinstall the menu until it works <sigh>.

That's not a very good solution though, is it.

Regards
Nathon

Office Guy-172461

My take on it was that they were having trouble duplicating the problem. Maybe your experience will help them track it down.

The WA staff will be back in a couple of hours so I would wait to see what they have to say before doing anything drastic.

Nathon Jones Web Design

jeesh

I've just removed my menu, rebuilt the entire thing from scratch, and the first time I've tried to edit it, I'm back to the...

TypeError: includesFolderArray[1] has no properties

...error! <fume>

It seems there is a logical set of steps, that I am completing, that produce this error (insert menu, first attempt to edit any settings causes above error message), so here's hoping WebAssist support can help.

Thanks OfficeGuy.

Regards
Nathon

Office Guy-172461

Just noticed this:

you will need Dreamweaver CS3 or CS4 to run CSS Menu Writer  

In the first post you mentioned that you are using DW8

Nathon Jones Web Design

?

That's not true.

Here's part of an e-mail I received about the BETA version of 2.0.4:

"Fixes addressed in this build:

- Corrected an issue in activation/serialization that caused an error to occur when accessing the CSS Menu Writer Wizard in Dreamweaver 8. Dreamweaver 8 users should now be able to activate CSS Menu Writer 2.x."

Man, I am so confused about the various versions, the compatibility with Dreamweaver etc.
Can anyone clarify what's going on?

Is the problem I'm describing a DW8 issue? If that's true, why is a fix being supplied, in 2.0.4, for DW8?

I would appreciate some clarification because I don't want to spend more hours installing/uninstalling, inserting/uninserting, CSS Menu's that will never actually work correctly.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Regards
Nathon

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...