close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error uninstalling PayPay toolkit

Thread began 4/20/2009 8:18 am by stevan.s.cohen377242 | Last modified 4/20/2009 1:10 pm by stevan.s.cohen377242 | 3282 views | 6 replies |

stevan.s.cohen377242

Error uninstalling PayPay toolkit

I installed the PayPal eCommerce toolkit. It was unable to activate, due to a firewall that I cannot disable. When I tried to disable the PayPal toolkit, the extension manager crashed. I believe that most of the PayPal toolkit was removed. Each time I start Dreamweaver, I get this error message:

Unable to open script file "C:\..........\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\Library\WA_Configuration.js" (error 3)

The folder and file "Library\WA_Configuration.js" does not exist.
How can I get rid of this error message?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you still have any webassist extensions installed? If you have any installed you can probably search for the file and add it to that location for a quick fix. If you don't have any webassist extensions installed, then you can probably try to find the specific startup file that refers to that .js file and remove it to get rid of the error as well.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

stevan.s.cohen377242

I do not have any WebAssist extensions installed. However, the PayPal eCommerce toolkit still appears as active in the list within extension manager, but the references to it within the dreamweaver "Insert" menu are gone.

Which startup file do I look for?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

go back to extension manager and try to remove it again. Using the extension manager is the only way to get it properly removed from menus.... unless you have no extensions installed and we can just have you delete you users configuration folder and it will clear all extensions.

stevan.s.cohen377242

When I try to disable the PayPal toolkit, the extension manager crashes... In fact, the extension manager would not work after I installed the PayPal toolkit. I had to uninstall the extension manager and then reinstall it to get it to work at all. Currently I can disable other extensions, but not the PayPal toolkit

I believe that it was partially removed by the extension manager and that is the real problem.

Do you mean I should delete Dreamweaver CS3/Configuration?

That folde contains about 8000 file in over 400 folders

Ray BorduinWebAssist

no... the user version probably doesn't have nearly as many files.

Go to windows explorer and type: %appdata%

Then browse to the Dreamweaver configuration folder from there.

If you delete that file it will remove all of your extensions. Then you can start from scratch installing the ones you need.

stevan.s.cohen377242

I removed the WebAssist folder in %appdata%/.../Shared/

I also removed "Momento_Startup.htm" and "WAPayPal.htm" from the .../Shared/StartUp/ Folder

The error no longer occurs upon DW startup and I was able to remove the PayPal toolkit from the extension Manager

-- thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...