close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal check out not working

Thread began 10/29/2009 12:47 pm by latellogroup375248 | Last modified 10/30/2009 7:50 pm by latellogroup375248 | 4231 views | 12 replies |

latellogroup375248

Paypal check out not working

I am opening a new post looking for help to this problem. Any help from anybody is greatly appreciated. If no one can help then someone telling me where to get help would be appreciated. I have atttached a file of the page that someone told me might be the problem but that person has since disappeared. I am in a serious deadline problem and I have all my eggs in the webassist basket!

Ok, so I followed the directions in a previous link and pasted the suggested code in my pp_checkout_failure page. This is the error code I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /function.session-start was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

www.livingtrue2me.com

Also I want to make sure that I understand how the cart works. I only want to use the Paypal Pro function. I noticed on the checkout page there is a paypal button at the top and a checkout button at the bottom. If I have set my globals to use paypal then both buttons when pressed use paypal or do I need to remove the checkout button at the bottom. Not sure why there would be two buttons? Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way I have tried numerous credit cards and double checked my pal information.

Future Expert in Training.

Attached Files
pp_checkout_success.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Is this the error you get when the pp-checkout_failed page loads? or is there another error when the page loads that has a link in it that you are clicking? the error you are posting only makes sense if you are clicking a link in another error.

Can you send a screen shot showing the failure page when the page loads.

also, this code

php:
<?php

if(!session_id()) session_start(); 
echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
?>

should be after the <body> tag.

as for how the cart works, the checkout button at the top of the checkout page uses Paypal Express Payments.

The Checkout button at the bottom of the page uses Paypal Direct payments. Both checkout methods are a part of Paypal payments Pro.

latellogroup375248

When I click on the button at the top this is the error I get. You have to select it as it is white and blends in. So if you are not looking for it you will not see it. Also, how do I put this code you suggest after the body? It won't let me do it from the pp_failure page or does this get put on another page? I will send you the error that is given when the button at the bottom of the page is used in another post.

<removed sensitive information>Failurefb25d58d6416Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error2.201093451

latellogroup375248

This is all I get when I try to check out using the button at the bottom of the page. It happens no matter what card I use.

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

So the error you are getting is :
Security errorSecurity header is not valid10002Error2.201093451

This error is returned from paypal for a few reasons:

1) you have not excepted the Billing Agreement after requesting API credentials

2) You requested live API Credentials, but are using the sand box for testing.

3) You requested Sandbox credentials but are using the live server.

latellogroup375248

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. I will check with my client and see if they accepted the Billing agreement. I know it is not in sandbox mode so this must be it. I will post later once I find out one way or the other. Thanks again for your quick response.

latellogroup375248

Ok, Checked with paypal billing agreement has been signed. Double check all api credentials and they were good. Using sandbox is false, and using testing is false in the globals files. When I click on the buttom at the bottom of the page of the checkout.php page it takes me all the way to the confirm page. When I click on the sumit button on the confirm page I get this message:

"Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry
Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again."

on the checkout_failure.php page. When I click on the top button from the checkout page it takes me directly to the pp_failure page and gives this message:

"Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry
Your PayPal transaction could not be completed. Please return to checkout and try again."

Also you referenced the code below in an earlier response. What page should I have this code in. It might be part of the problem. Please tell me what page and if there is another place I have to put this code in to show up on this page.

Thanks for all your help. It is greatly appreciated. Hoping to have this thing working today:)

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Is this the error you get when the pp-checkout_failed page loads? or is there another error when the page loads that has a link in it that you are clicking? the error you are posting only makes sense if you are clicking a link in another error.

Can you send a screen shot showing the failure page when the page loads.

also, this code
php:
<?php

echo(
"Auth request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Auth Result: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Auth_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Auth_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Request: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Get_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Get Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Get_Result'])?$_SESSION['"ECO_Get_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Preocess request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
"Process Result: ".isset($_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Result']:""."<br /><br />");
?>

should be after the <body> tag.

as for how the cart works, the checkout button at the top of the checkout page uses Paypal Express Payments.

The Checkout button at the bottom of the page uses Paypal Direct payments. Both checkout methods are a part of Paypal payments Pro.  

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That code wont *fix* the problem it only displays the error that is being returned from paypal which you have already reported back as the Security header Not valid.

This code:

php:
<?php

echo(
echo(
echo(
echo(
echo(
"Process request: ".isset($_SESSION['"ECO_Process_Request'])?$_SESSION['ECO_Process_Request']:""."<br /><br />");
echo(
?>

will sow the results from using express checkout. it goes on the pp_checkout_failure.php page after the <body> tag

to show the response when using The checkout form on the checkout page, add this code to the checkout_failure.php page after the <body> tag:

php:
<?php

echo(
"PayPal Full Request :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment_postedValues"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"Paypal Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"])?$_SESSION["PP_DirectPayment"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"USPS Full Request :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullRequest"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
echo(
"USPS Full Response :<br />");
echo(
"<code>".isset($_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"])?$_SESSION["WA_Store_Cart_USPS_FullResponse"]:""."</code><br /><br />");
?>

The error you are reporting, "Security error Security header is not valid" is a problem with the API Credentials you are using.

make sure you are entering them properly in the WA_Globals.php file.

Copy and paste them directly from the paypal site to make sure they are entered exactly.

Look for a leading or trailing space in the values. for example:
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "<signature> ";
$WAGLOBAL_Paypal_Signature = "<signature>";

Try requesting a new one from paypal if your still having problems.

At the end of the day, the cause of that error is a problem in the API values you are entering.

latellogroup375248

Thank you Jason I appreciate your help and explanation on this problem. Do I understand you correctly that there should be NO SPACES in php code?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The API signature, API Username and API Password values should not contain any spaces.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...