close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Yet another revenue stream!

Thread began 10/29/2009 9:34 am by web_assist_mail157665 | Last modified 11/14/2009 3:08 pm by Roland Rogers | 3472 views | 8 replies |

web_assist_mail157665

Yet another revenue stream!

Well its good to see (sic?) WA are supporting their users yet again. Instead of taking a product that should have been upgraded for free and building confidence in the userbase, they re name it and charge them all over again for something that looks (from the WA forum) like a disaster waiting to happen.
And there's even a known issue 'sticky' while they are trying to sell it!

My goodness - do you guys even look at the user feedback?

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Have you even used the product?

Do you have anything relevant to say?

Actually HTML Editor is a great product and I commend WebAssist for doing a tremendous job in offering advanced file management - something that would take HOURS longer to include without the extension.

The fact that WA put a sticky issue up actually shows their honesty in their disclosure practices. And the issue is not even really a problem - the extension still functions as it is advertised to do. They just need to remove a label in the next dot release.

If you spent as much time building stuff as you do trying to be negative, you probably would be filthy rich and happier.

Life's too short... try being positive once in a while.

web_assist_mail157665

Having used WA products and found a lot of bugs I can speak from experience.
If they supported their users and were not so revenue centric I would be a little less scathing.

Tell me SOJO - you seem to be there to counter every anti WA statement. Hope they are paying you well!

Originally Said By: SOJO web
  If you spent as much time building stuff as you do trying to be negative, you probably would be filthy rich and happier.

ooh bitch!

Do you have anything relevant to say?

I think you've said enough for WA! and to be honest it doesn't really matter what users say - it is completely ignored by WA unless there is a $ sign on the end of it.

anonymous

Originally Said By: web_assist_mail157665
  If they supported their users and were not so revenue centric I would be a little less scathing.  

Please substantiate how WA is NOT supporting their users. Their employees are here everyday answering questions and helping anyone with a problem.... they even go out of their way and help with code unrelated to their products (just check the PHP and CSS threads)... that certainly is not revenue centric.

Tell me SOJO - you seem to be there to counter every anti WA statement. Hope they are paying you well!  

I'm not paid anything by WebAssist, I just choose to look at the world with real logic and determine facts by substantiated evidence rather than inferring based on impartial evidence and generalizing.

ooh bitch!  

Your maturity level says a lot... really.

I think you've said enough for WA! and to be honest it doesn't really matter what users say - it is completely ignored by WA unless there is a $ sign on the end of it.  

Again, can you substantiate?... I have made several specific suggestions, as well as other users have, that WA has actually put into extensions... I would not say that is ignoring.

My original point is clear... you have not even used the extension, but rather were just looking for a reason to come on this forum and stir things up. Have a good day!

Brian

web_assist_mail157665

You can always gauge the sensitivity of issue on forums by the speed and enthusiasm of those who are there to blindly support the product.

As for not using the product (formerly iRite) - I've had users complain that they could not put links into their pages (support from WA was fix it yourself) , from a developer point of view there were no instructions for OSX users server setup (still haven't seen any). There were options in the editor that were not supported by the install (file upload).

3 YEARS AGO! - Interakts KTML editor installed and set up its paths correctly with all info gathered by the install wizard.

WA iRite was a wrapper for another piece of software that was badly implemented and poorly supported. Judging by the messages in the forum nothings changed.

neilo

I had iRite. I bought the upgrade to HTML Editor for the offer price of $19.99. I used it in a project I was currently working on. I reckon it paid for itself plus put me in added profit in twenty minutes.

Cheers to all.

anonymous

You can always gauge the sensitivity of issue on forums by the speed and enthusiasm of those who are there to blindly support the product.  

It's not an issue of sensitivity, only a matter of standing for what is right. If someone was erroneously slandering you, I would stand up for you, as well. It's my nature to not sit idly by as so many in today's world do on a plethora of issues. As far as enthusiasm goes... sure I am enthusiastic because HTMLeditor is, in my opinion, far better than the former iRite was.

As for not using the product (formerly iRite) - I've had users complain that they could not put links into their pages (support from WA was fix it yourself)  

I am not even sure what you are referring to, here... are you saying users could not add links within the WYSIWYG editor? Are you sure you asked the question correctly when you asked for support... from what is sounds like, it seems as if your users are having trouble with basic Word processing skills... at least that's what I perceive from the statement.

, from a developer point of view there were no instructions for OSX users server setup (still haven't seen any).  

Again, I don't know what you mean my OSX users server setup... I am an OSX user... the extension is not dependent on server type. You add the instance of the editor to your PHP pages... it's not something you install to the server.

There were options in the editor that were not supported by the install (file upload).  

OK... but it's not as if WA said it did... that's also in the past. HTMLEditor, the product we are talking about, DOES support file upload and advanced file management allowing you to do a number of things like delete, crop, resize, rotate, duplicate, and on and on.

3 YEARS AGO! - Interakts KTML editor installed and set up its paths correctly with all info gathered by the install wizard.  

We're not talking about Interakts KTML and if you are trying somehow say what KTML did 3 years ago correlates to HTMLeditor in today's world, that just doesn't make any sense. And further, if you were so enamored with that KTML, why did you even bother to get anything else?

Not to mention, I have set up HTMLeditor on 5 different sites - all with the advanced file manager - and have had ZERO problems with paths or any other automatic set up in the dialog boxes.

WA iRite was a wrapper for another piece of software that was badly implemented and poorly supported. Judging by the messages in the forum nothings changed.  

Judging by what messages? It is well supported... please show me one person's support question that was not answered.

Best regards,

Brian

web_assist_mail157665

I am not even sure what you are referring to, here... are you saying users could not add links within the WYSIWYG editor? Are you sure you asked the question correctly when you asked for support... from what is sounds like, it seems as if your users are having trouble with basic Word processing skills... at least that's what I perceive from the statement.  

Maybe WA support didn't confirm the problem and I imagined it then. And the same applies to their note about it finally being fixed in iRite 1.03 elsewhere on this forum.

Again, I don't know what you mean my OSX users server setup... I am an OSX user... the extension is not dependent on server type. You add the instance of the editor to your PHP pages... it's not something you install to the server.  

There were no OSX path instructions for setting up iRite and filemanager locally as there were for PC

We're not talking about Interakts KTML and if you are trying somehow say what KTML did 3 years ago correlates to HTMLeditor in today's world, that just doesn't make any sense. And further, if you were so enamored with that KTML, why did you even bother to get anything else?  

It makes a lot of sense - KTML did far more that iRite and all that HTML editor does - and that was 3 years ago. Adobe purchased Interakt and ceased development of many their products - KTML was one of them.[/QUOTE]

Judging by what messages? It is well supported... please show me one person's support question that was not answered.  

iRite was poorly supported/implemented. A wrapper for the FCK editor and filemanager that meant code peaking and editing to get it to work - that is not what extensions are purchased for.

Roland Rogers

Great product

Having been an implementer of the FREE FCK editor I have to say that the HTML editor is fantastic! It saves hours upon hours of time and allows you to setup templated for different clients or scenarios.

Plus - with the advanced image management tools bundled in there, there is no comparison to this product. Well worth the $$.

Now - can't we all get along?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...