close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error

Thread began 10/28/2009 11:01 am by susan392259 | Last modified 11/09/2009 11:07 am by Anna Robinson | 3642 views | 6 replies |

susan392259

error

I have two questions:
I installed Form Builder yesterday and built one form from a template, but Dreamweaver is giving me this error:
"This document contains JavaScript code for a widget that no longer exists."

When I went to the tutorial to resolve this, I noticed that in CS3 (which I have) you have to download Ajax. I don't have any experience with Ajax. what do I need to do for both of these issues?

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Susan,

When you say you have to download Ajax... do you mean Spry Ajax Framework? Ajax, alone, is not something that you would download but rather a protocol of language using javascript and server side code.

It may be that you need the latest Adobe Spry Framework for your Dreamweaver... if that is the case, click here: home.html

You will need to sign up for an Adobe username is you don't have one already... but just click the download button in the upper right corner, unpack and install it. It will install automatically to your Dreamweaver installation.

Cheers,

Brian

susan392259

error

Brain, thank you for responding.

My term "download" comes directly from their website--through your link, which has a button that says "download v 1.6" on the button, to access Ajax, which I have successfully installed.

I have installed Ajax, deleted the old table and am about to start a new one, with the hopes that I won't get the error again.

neilo

You have the right download. It is for The Spry framework for Ajax (Spry Prerelease 1.6.1) (not Ajax itself).

Hope all goes well!

susan392259

error

Brain,

I have built another simple form (which I named Get A Quote) after installing the Spry framework for Ajax, closed and reopened Dreamweaver, and I am recieving the same error from Dreamweaver:

This document contains JavaScript code for a widget that no longer exists. If you don't remove the code, the browser might disply JavaScript errors when loading the page. Would you like Dreamweaver to find all instances of this code for you?

Widget: var GET_A_QUOTE_group_Best_Day_Spry = new
Spry.widget.ValidationTextField(GET_A_QUOTE_group_Best_Day_Spry,
"date",{format:mm/dd/yyyy' , validateOn:[blur]});

Widget: var GET_A_QUOTE_group_Best_times_Spry = new
Spry.widget.ValidationSelect(GET_A_QUOTE_group_Best_times_Spry,
"date",{format:mm/dd/yyyy' , validateOn:[blur]});

When I click "yes" I see 9 instances of this error. Please advise--keep in mind that I do not code. Thank You.

susan392259

no reponse

This post has been deleted.

Eric Mittman

I'm sorry for the delayed response, this is the first that I have seen this thread. If you don't see a response to an ongoing thread, or have not had any WebAssist Support Engineers respond it is probably best to start a new one which you say that you have. I'm opening a ticket for this issue so that it can be looked into further.

Anna Robinson

To add to Eric's post, it does look like this slipped through the cracks, perhaps because some other members of the community were assisting you. Regardless, our Support Engineer can work directly with you through the open ticket, which you can access from your Support History page on our website. supporthistory.php

Our Extension library page does state that there are no refunds for enrollment fees. It is on the Frequently Asked Question section of the page.

Our apologies and we hope we can work with you to resolve your issues using Form Builder.

susan392259

You dropped the ball

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...