close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

QueryString Binding javascript error

Thread began 10/28/2009 9:42 am by wbrooks199805 | Last modified 1/11/2010 11:40 am by Eric Mittman | 3840 views | 13 replies |

wbrooks199805

QueryString Binding javascript error

I am trying to add the sorting feature on the results page and getting error when get to the part of the online tutorial to add the querystring binding, add sort, when I do it says "javascript error..you have no query on the page". Then it shows query, no sort and the popup window goes white and crashes dreamweaver. I have deleted the sorting in the recordset.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Have you tried deleting the cache file or renaming the config to see if it helps to resolve this issue? If not please give this a try, here is a link to a page that lists the steps for clearing the cache file as well as renaming the config:

146/

If you have tried these things and they do not work let me know so I can check this out more. Also, if you continue to have problems please also post some screen shots of what you are experiencing.

wbrooks199805

thanks

I will try this out

wbrooks199805

not working

I did close down dreamweaver, created another configuration file, deleted all extensions, put all new extensions in and now getting errors with securityassist..I am uploading screen shots..

Attached Files
Archive.zip

info321189

Hello, I also get error...

" While executing timer in WA_QueryString_Binding.htm, a JavaScript error occurred. "

I try to delete .dat file and install version 2.0.6 but nothing...

Eric Mittman

To wbrooks, are the errors you were getting for DataAssist gone now? Also, what is the OS version you are working with and are you running on a PowerPC or intel based Mac?

To info, did you try the troubleshooting techniques listed here in the previous posts including deleting the cache file and renaming the config?

wbrooks199805

Yes and yes

I mean I tried both and I am NOT getting results. I did all of the above. I did tell you that already on my other post.

Still getting the same results. other people are also........

Eric Mittman

Are the errors you were getting for DataAssist gone now? If these errors are not gone what is happening with them now?

Also, what is the OS version you are working with and are you running on a PowerPC or intel based Mac?

wbrooks199805

still getting errors in both

Update to new computer Apple 10.6.1 CS 3 and still getting this error. Also doesn't work on apple 10.4.
So its a complete new install of everything!

Eric Mittman

Are the errors you are getting only in Security Assist now or are you getting errors in both tools? Please be very specific and post back with exactly what errors you are currently getting in what products and the steps you are taking that result in these errors for both.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...