close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

iRite vs HTML Editor problem

Thread began 10/28/2009 3:51 am by ian90842 | Last modified 3/26/2010 8:52 pm by Steve Skinner | 3818 views | 12 replies |

ian90842

iRite vs HTML Editor problem

i upgraded to html editor but didn't notice it only works with php

that was fine for the site i was working on at the time

but i also have lots of asp sites that use iRite and i have to edit one now

tried to uninstall html editor and then install iRite but even though that went smoothly, i cannot launch the iRite in dreamweaver

all i get is an error 'HTML Editor is only available for php sites'

HTML Editor is not even installed any more

please help

regards
ian

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Ian,

It may be something simple as deleting Dreamweaver's cache file... DW will cache certain attributes for faster performance in the future. My guess is that this is the case with what your experiencing.

Best regards,

Brian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

As SOJO Web suggested, try deleting the Dreamweaver cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

jon_upton

Yes but this isn't the real answer

Jason

I have asp sites with irite I want to move forward and know I will have to go with php but I have to be able to support the old sites. How do you propose I do this?

regards

Jon

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you cannot have them both installed side by side. to maintain your ASP sites with iRite, you need to uninstall HTML Editor, then install iRite. to go back to HTMLEditor, uninstall iRite, then install HTMLEditor.

It is possible to simply the process by maintaining multiple configuration folders:
In one configuration, you install iRite, then rename that configuration folder to Configration_iRite.

A new Configuration folder will be created, in this one you install HTML Editor.

When you need to use iRite, rename the configuration folder to configuratiuon_HTMLEditor, the rename Configration_iRite to Configuration and vice versa.

jon_upton

Not very good at all

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  you cannot have them both installed side by side. to maintain your ASP sites with iRite, you need to uninstall HTML Editor, then install iRite. to go back to HTMLEditor, uninstall iRite, then install HTMLEditor.

It is possible to simply the process by maintaining multiple configuration folders:
In one configuration, you install iRite, then rename that configuration folder to Configration_iRite.

A new Configuration folder will be created, in this one you install HTML Editor.

When you need to use iRite, rename the configuration folder to configuratiuon_HTMLEditor, the rename Configration_iRite to Configuration and vice versa.  

Jason

This is just unacceptable and it won't be just irite that this will be a problem with. I think you and Ray need to get your head round this and come up with a more realistic proposal.

You can see from the postings of the last few days that there are a lot of people affected by this.

regards

Jon

pwiseman10501

Php?

PHP only?

Looks like it's back to Advanced HTML Editor 2.5, Pure Upload 3 and Smart Image Processor 2.5.

At least those guys don't try and force a particular server model down our throats.

Pity, iRite is rubbish and I was hoping for a more user friendly upgrade.

Ciao

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Jon,

thank you for your feedback.

I have logged a feature request in our bug base to have this looked into.

The multiple configuration folders solution I outlined previously is the most realistic solution I have to offer at this time

neilo

I know this won't be too much use to most people, but when I installed DW CS4, I kept CS3 on my machine also. I keep all of my sites current on both (export/import site settings). Each has its own config folder and extension manager.

On one I keep iRite and older extensions, on the other I keep HTML Editor and newer extensions.

Justin Nemeth

HTML Editor is 1 product that supports the capabilities @pwiseman mentions takes 3 separate components to accomplish and without having to install any COM objects. The fact is PHP has some great advantages including image manipulation and file handling.

Neilo, that is great suggestion if people have both CS3 and CS4 available to them.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...