close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Potential bug?

Thread began 10/27/2009 7:53 pm by twitchr377598 | Last modified 10/28/2009 11:21 am by twitchr377598 | 1261 views | 3 replies |

twitchr377598

Potential bug?

I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see an answer for this. Hope I'm not repeating a known issue.

I have been working on a backend administration control panel most of the day and I got around to coding the update page and think there is a bug in Digital File Pro. Not sure if it's a bug new to 2.0.2 cause this is my first time using it.

I noticed that if I updated a record without uploading a file, that field in the database would be empty so I tried to troubleshoot and I noticed something. When I open up my upload file server behavior and set the Default file to my hidden field and click ok, I open the upload file server behavior again and the default file field is blank. It doesn't seem to be saving that setting.

Anyone else having this issue.

I'm using Digital File Pro 2.02. with Dreamweaver CS3

Thanks,
Twitch

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Twitch,

There was a bug with the first release but that should be fixed with the latest dot release... one thing I have had to do a couple of times is press the tab or return key after setting the default file to ensure that it sets in the dialog box. If you cannot get it to work, you could edit the default file property manually, inside the code. But again, try updating it again and hitting either tab or enter inside the input box and see what happens.

Regards,

Brian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

After selecting the hidden form field, use the keyboards enter key before clicking the OK button in the DFP Wizard to force the selection to stick.

twitchr377598

Jason and Sojo, thanks so much for the replies. Hitting return did the trick! Now I'm rocking and rolling.

Much appreciated guys. My extreme satisfaction with my WebAssist subscription continues.

-Twitch

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...