close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

images etc

Thread began 10/26/2009 1:57 pm by i.edwards384429 | Last modified 10/27/2009 12:18 pm by Eric Mittman | 1103 views | 1 replies |

i.edwards384429

images etc

Hi

I have the essential suite as well as the user registration pack.

I've used the registration pack as a jumpstart combined with the cms pack.

I need to add some fields to the user table which I've done.

I now need to validate these which this pack will do as it includes the validation tool kit

I also need to build in some way of uploading upto five images per record and having given it thought have come up with some potential problems

1, Do I save the path to the image or store the image in the database regardless of size

2. How can I ensure that when a user registers and uploads images that they are given a unique name - can't risk images being deleted.

Rather than do this on the registration form am I better to use a second table created with the form builder and go from there?

Any and all advise appreciated.

as always

thanks

Ian

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

For the validations you can apply additional validations with the tool by editing the existing server validations that are on the page. You will find the existing validations in the server behaviors tab.

The image upload part can be handled with DFP, you would need to apply it once for each of the upload fields you would like to have in your form. You should be storing the name of the image file in the db. As for duplicate names DFP already accounts for this and will rename the new file or allow you to rename the old one.

After DFP is on the page you can use the bindings from these server behaviors for the server file name to insert into the record.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...