close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Request for Remeber Me option

Thread began 10/26/2009 6:27 am by dnys04173367569 | Last modified 10/29/2009 1:02 pm by neilo | 6732 views | 32 replies |

dnys04173367569

Request for Remeber Me option

Is it possible for Webassist to set up on its own website login page an option for Remember Me.

Every time I want to log in to your website I have to find and retype my login information.

This would make it so much easier for regular visitors to the Webassist website, which I am one.

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Work around

Good idea, but in the meantime check out RoboForm. I've been using it for years and couldn't live without it.

Anna Robinson

Our site is scanned frequently to keep up with the latest security standards. The web team tells me that the standards prohibit us from using a remember me function on our site. There has been discussion about this in other threads on this forum and we realize it's cumbersome but are putting security first.

neilo

That's a shame.

Perhaps there is room for a small compromise? How about at least enabling auto-complete which is currently disabled (input autocomplete="off")? That would take away some of the annoyance!

Also, if one logs in to the forum and subsequently decides to visit his 'MyWebAssist User Profile (mywebassist/userprofile.php) he/she has to log in again - even if he/she is still logged in at the forum! Could the user session persist at least throughout the WebAssist site? I could recommend a good forum to help with this if required.

Cheers

Anna Robinson

The same restriction is put on us for auto-complete.

However, I'm not familiar with having to log in a second time across the forum and the regular site. This doesn't happen for me. So if I'm on the forum and I click the logo at upper left to go to the webassist.com home page, then I click "Your Account", I never log in again. What are the steps you take and at what point does it have you log in again?

neilo

Not quite sure what the circumstances are. Now I can close the browser, log in to the forum and go straight to my downloads folder. (!) Either I have been hallucinating, or the Downloads login times-out after a certain period. Oops.

Office Guy-172461

It's happened to me before but it's user error. Sometimes I open the main website in a separate browser window to look up something in the download area. When I'm done, I logout of that window and then realize I inadvertently also logged out of the forum as well. Not much you can do about that. :)

neilo

That could easily be what happened - I usually (if I'm in the forum and want to visit my account) right-click the WebAssist logo and select 'Open Link in New Tab'. To be honest I can't really remember the exact circumstances!

A good tip to put in your database would be this:

"If you want to get something to work, go on to a public forum and make a point of indignantly going on about how it doesn't work. Inevitably someone will patiently point out that, in fact, it does work."

Seems to work every time for me, sadly.

John LangerBeta Tester

At the risk of also ending up with egg on my face....

1. Can we have a separate login for the forums? I'm always coming back to the forums throughout the day and having to log in each time is a nuisance I must agree. Surely the security issues (that are to do with taking payments on line I believe) are not such an issue in the forums alone.

2. Another thing that "annoys" me is that the cookie that's used to say "You've already seen this post" doesn't get reset very often. I'm guessing on the times here but I'll login at sat 7 a.m. Read some posts etc and log out. Then three hours later log in again and see that a thread is indicating a new post. On inspection it isn't a new post at all. I then know that I have to inspect every post to see what's new and what isn't. I'm not saying get rid of the time lag altogether as sometimes (on other forums) I can close the browser inadvertently and on coming back in find that all the threads have been reset to "read" which is even more annoying. Hope I've explained that OK

Office Guy-172461

I think I would like to see Spam reduction put at the top of the list. It's pushing new posts into three pages when one would do. Could a limit be set on links? I don't think we need more than 3 in any post. It looks like they're getting around the minimum number of posts before the captcha removal.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...