close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

inserting info in record along with image

Thread began 10/25/2009 3:02 pm by JBWebWorks | Last modified 10/25/2009 9:02 pm by JBWebWorks | 1322 views | 2 replies |

JBWebWorks

inserting info in record along with image

in a previous thread, i learned to use DataAssist insert single record to insert Client File Name from the DFP behavior.

I want to know if i can insert additional information to the db record in order to get the path correct to the image from DFP image upload

ie, the image file from DFP goes to images folder and the file name is filename.jpg.
Using the DataAssist insert single record and Client File Name, it inserts 'filename.jpg'

I want it to insert 'images/filename_lg.jpg'

code is ........$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["clientFileName"].......

i tried .$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["images/clientFileName_lg"]

nothing inserted

thanks for your help,
Jim Balthrop

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Jim,

You're on the right track - but you need to concatenate before the Upload File Name's variable.

This whole string ($WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["clientFileName"]) results in the variable just for the file name.

In your update statement, it will look like this:
"".$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["clientFileName"] .""

The tool automatically concatenates empty strings before and after to ensure that only the variable passes.

So to change the database data to add the file's folder in the column, you will need to concatenate like this:

"".'/images/'. $WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["clientFileName"] .""

Notice a couple of things - I used single quotes to tell PHP to interpret the string as actual text. The other thing I did which you may want to change is that I added a forward slash before images to make it a root relative path rather than a page relative path. That way if you just echoed the data result somewhere later on any page of the site - regardless of folder hierarchy - the path would still be correct. If you want to keep it so the folder was still page relative, just remove that forward slash in the front.

Cheers,

Brian

JBWebWorks

thanks Brian

that works just like i wanted except that for image 2 upload i resized the same image to a larger size so with the DFP upload i used

'FileName' => "[FileName]_lg",

named the image file filename_lg.jpg

so i had to change ["clientFileName"] to ["serverFileName"] for the insert data

thanks for your help

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...