close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

html editor

Thread began 10/25/2009 6:39 am by segalmedia367166 | Last modified 11/19/2009 8:45 pm by pete268226 | 1905 views | 5 replies |

segalmedia367166

html editor

Can I use the html editor to add editing power to my admin end of powerstore? I want the ability to add images to the descriptions and style the text. Do I follow your standard instructions for adding html editor?

Thanks,

Lisa

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Yes. You should be able to edit the existing iRite instances with html editor and add the image uploading functionality and add styles to the style list.

pete268226

What about adding a new instance of HTML Editor?

I have two custom additional fields in my Products_Update.php document. I've tried to use HTML Editor to add that function to these two fields and end up with white space on the fields with no editing/clicking abilities.

There seems to be a conflict between iRite and HTMLEditor, as iRite was used with PowerStore, but HTML Editor is required to add. (I realize I can edit existing iRite with HTML Editor...)

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Pete

pete268226

Solved - sort of...

OK, there is a conflict between the old iRite and new HTML Editor. When you use HTML Editor to add that function to a custom (as in, my own) text field, you need to do three things:
1. Delete this line near the top of the document:
<?php require_once("../HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

2. Change this line at the location of the custom text field:
$WARichTextEditor_2 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ProductLongDesc", "../HTMLEditor/", "750px", "600px", "Custom", "../custom/Products_Insert_ProductLongDesc1.js", "".(isset($_GET['valid'])?ValidatedField("ProductsUpdate","ProductLongDesc"):$row_WADAProducts['ProductLongDesc']) ."");
to this line: (Change HTMLEditor reference to WA_iRite reference)
$WARichTextEditor_2 = CreateRichTextEditor ("ProductLongDesc", "../WA_iRite/", "750px", "600px", "Custom", "../custom/Products_Insert_ProductLongDesc1.js", "".(isset($_GET['valid'])?ValidatedField("ProductsUpdate","ProductLongDesc"):$row_WADAProducts['ProductLongDesc']) ."");

3. Move the .js file that is generated in the HTMLEditor/custom/ directory to the WA_iRite/custom/ directory and upload.

This allowed for the editor to work on my new field.

Now, the 'sort-of' part that I need help with:
I had used WA_Products['mynewtable'] as an initial variable so that when my client enters data, it is retained in that field on an update. When I added the HTMLEditor/iRite function, that init var disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. I see where to put the variable call - but it's not updating any longer.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pete

Dani Chankhour

In the HTML Editor wizard, you should see an Initial Value text field, and next to it you will see a lighting bolt image. Click on the lighting bolt image and then expand the record set you are using and select the column that you wanted to default to. Make sure to change focus before clicking OK to save the value.

pete268226

Got it, thanks! It's all working perfectly now...
Pete

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...