close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UI issues

Thread began 4/15/2009 12:30 pm by cpfusion | Last modified 12/11/2009 11:23 am by Anna Robinson | 5850 views | 15 replies |

craig279905

UI issues

Has anyone else been bothered by an annoying problem I have come across?

When in CSS Sculptor 2.0.2, if you resize a column (or columns) to suit your own needs, as soon as you enter any data, the column widths revert back to the default widths. This is most annoying. I have tried deleting prefs etc and this is on a clean install of DW CS4.

See what I mean in the screen grab below:-

Any ideas on how to rectify this? Or is it a bug?

Kind regards,

Craig

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a support incident. It appears this may be a bug that would require further investigation.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

cpfusion

Hi Ray,

Ticket no. 88903 submitted. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Craig

raf225211

And while we're on this subject, is it just me or does anyone else feel crippled by the "fixed" WebAssist window with no resize handles. Why can't we stretch this window out to see ALL the layout component tags so we don't have to view them truncated? This is an infuriating UI aspect that begs to be fixed. Almost every window in DW can be resized, why not WA?

cpfusion

Good call raf225211, that indeed would be a great addition to all WA Extensions.

Danilo Celic

Hey folks,

I'm sorry to report, but the native Dreamweaver extensibility layer translates HTML into dialogs that Sculptor is made with this does not allow for resizable windows. Now, the floating panels do allow for resizing of the usable window space, so there might be a call for moving to a floating panel, but the work flow is a little different as a floating panel won't "sit" right in front of the application, and it cannot be move from where it was dragged to.

Right now, we have to work with the Dreamweaver minimum supported resolution.As it seems that you have a larger screen, can I ask what screen resolution(s) you work on?

Danilo Celic

Also, to the original question, I made the fix that was at issue (and a couple more), and Sculptor will be going into testing at some point in the near future. I'm not sure when and updated version will be available, but we are moving in that direction.

Anna Robinson

Dot Release Available

CSS Sculptor 2.0.3 is now available for download and addresses the column resizing bug. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

cpfusion

Thanks for the info Anna. Will download and install straight away.

dfilbin304918

layout component column still does not hold user specified width with sculptor 2.03

I have installed CSS Sculptor 2.03. The Layout Component column still won't hold the width that I specify. Over and over it defaults to a very narrow width. I'm not able to read the layout component names. Resizing the column to make the component names readable makes for a difficult work flow. I work on a mac with system 10.5.6. My version of Dreamweaver is 10.0.0.4117. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...