close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Processing off line.

Thread began 10/23/2009 9:19 am by Giovanni_ | Last modified 10/23/2009 4:57 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3114 views | 10 replies |

Giovanni_

Processing off line.

We would like to start processing the orders off-line. We want to get the orders and once per day or more depending upon how busy.

So I want the form to send the CC info via email or stored on the database. Once the order is approved, then process it.

Is that possible?

Where can I find a consultant or programmer capable of working with webassist stuff?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Email is a very insecure form of communication. You should never send Credit Card information in an email, it is actually illegal.

Storing Credit Card information in a database is also pretty sticky business. to be able to do so legally, you will have to get your site up to PCI compliance:
www.pcisecuritystandards.org/

Giovanni_

I have seen tons of sellers collect information and process off-line, are they doing it wrong?

I would prefer to do it manually if at all possible...

Giovanni_

Wait!!!

So we have to get certified by that company?

Is PowerStore complient from the get go or are there things we need to do?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

PCI Compliance is more about the server that PowerStore will be run on. The database server and the web server need to be PCI compliant to ensure the safety of customers credit card information.

Processing credit card information off line *can be done* but you will need to make sure your system meets the industry requirements if you are going to do it.

those others that you refer to that are processing payments offline would have to go through the same processing of verifying that their system is up to the industry standards.

Giovanni_

Now this became a nightmare.

Ok, so PowerStore does not have to be compliant but the servers need to be?

Does using paypal vs authorized.net make a difference?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When used with a payment gateway and a Secure Server using an SSL Certificate, power store will securely pass the credit card information to the payment gateway.

There is not much difference using Paypal or Authorize.net.

Giovanni_

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  When used with a payment gateway and a Secure Server using an SSL Certificate, power store will securely pass the credit card information to the payment gateway.

There is not much difference using Paypal or Authorize.net.  

Got it, so there is no information stored by ME(PowerStore) that could increase my liability.

It may be a good idea to have a topic on that on the forum.

Giovanni_

the off-line thing was me being cheap.

Heck no more, I read some of the liabilities and fines. I'll get the authorized.net account.

Do I need to get it from Authorize.Net or can I get it from one of their vendors who is already our vendor?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You should be able to get it from one of the Authorize.net vendors. Just make sure the account supports Authorize.net AIM method.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...