close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation and Registration problems

Thread began 10/21/2009 1:47 pm by MonjesMedia | Last modified 12/14/2009 1:22 pm by Eric Mittman | 2187 views | 3 replies |

MonjesMedia

Installation and Registration problems

Greetings,

I recently upgraded from Adobe CS3 to Adobe CS4 and when activating WebAssist extensions for Dreamweaver, I ran into difficulty.

I installed the following extensions:

CSS Menu Writer 1.0.2
Eric Myers CSS Sculptor 1.1.4
Pro Maps for Google 1.0.2
Site Import 3.0.0
SiteAssist Professional 1.0.1
SiteScribe 1.0.1
Surveyor 1.0.1
WebAssist.co Cookies 3.1.0

I am experiencing the following problems:

1. Dreamweaver will only launch with CSS Menu Writer and/or Eric Myers SCC Sculptor 1.1.4 activated. When any of the other extensions are activated, Dreamweaver quits during launch.

2. When entering the serial number for the extensions in Dreamweaver CS4, a green check mark appears once the number is entered completely, however, when clicking the submit button, nothing happens and I am still unable to use the extensions from within Dreamweaver CS4.

I would like to be able to install and use all of the above listed extensions in Dreamweaver CS4. Please let me know what actions need to be taken so that all extensions work properly.

Any information regarding these issues is greatly appreciated.

Best - AJ
www.MonjesMedia.com | www.IviewStudios.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It sounds like you may be experiencing a couple of problems. Before proceeding you should clear you your configuration folder and clear the installed extensions. There is a good set of instructions on this post here:

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

Once you have done that try installing the extensions again one at a time, if you are prompted to overwrite any existing files select 'yes to all'.

After each install you should attempt to open DW and activate the newly installed product. Then before you install the next one you should clear out the cache.dat file from your system and check that the previous extension is still functioning properly, then proceed to install the next one. Here is a link to a troubleshooting page with instructions on clearing out this dat file:

146/

You will notice that the troubleshooting techniques are listed in opposite order on this page, that is ok, you should clear out your configuration folder first. Please let us know how this goes for you.

MonjesMedia

Thanks for the feedback. The fix worked like a champ!

AJ

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear that, let us know if you run into any other issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...