close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

URL not showing correctly

Thread began 10/21/2009 10:05 am by lordmatrix | Last modified 10/26/2009 4:39 pm by Eric Mittman | 5859 views | 22 replies |

lordmatrix

URL not showing correctly

all messages sent with Universal Email seems generating a wrong code when URL is present.

This is the email source code:

<p>lorem ipsum dolorem sit amet: <a
href=\"http://www.google.com\">Google</a></p>

And this is the content from database. (the same sent with UE)

<p>lorem ipsum dolorem sit amet: <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a></p>

What could be the problem? I'm runnig Universal Email 306

Many thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I am currently also having this problem while testing out the new HTML editor applied to a text area in a contact form solution pack form. Everything is default with no modifications.

I thought it might be an HTML editor glitch - but your post has reminded me that the HTML editor uses universal email to send the input. EDIT//

Eric Mittman

In my testing that I did the links did not come out this way:

<p>lorem ipsum dolorem sit amet: <a
href=\"http://www.google.com\">Google</a></p>

When I check the source code of the UE page name WAUE_<page name>_1.php I can see that the slashes are present in the code. Please open this file and find the value in the body of the message and post back with this reference.

I'm thinking that there is some extra formatting occurring in regards to the display of this value, the extra formatting could result in having too many slashes. If you have a hard time identifying this value you can post back with the page in a zip archive so it can be examined, just let us know what recordset and column you are getting the value from.

lordmatrix

Hello Eric, as stated in my first post, everything is correct, the email source code generates the wrong code not the page. As you see from my second code sample, the href tag is correct.

Did you also try sending you an email? Are you able to to click the link? I did try again today with a blank page, form applied and sending the email, once again, the link was not clickable since the generated code is wrong. Please let me know after testing this. It is most probably a bug on Universal Email.

Many thanks in advance.

neilo

Hi Eric,

Just to confirm, - I still have this problem too; any link sent from this form by email to me comes out like:

/src/\"http://www.google.co.uk\" - if I access it in a POP3 mailbox,

or

\"http://www.google.co.uk\" when the link arrives in Outlook

Cheers

Edit:: PS - I could set the email address to someone at webassist on a sample form if it helped.

Eric Mittman

If you have a test message like this you can send it to support.webassist@gmail.com. This is an unmonitored email box that I have access to so I can see what you send there.

What I would like to see is the value in the WAUE source files. What you see in your email message should relate directly to how it is coded in the source. In the source you want to have the slashes before the double quotes so that it gets written to a link properly.

When I tested this I have the slashes in my WAUE source code. When the link shows in the email I'm able to click on it and it works as expected, there are no extra slashes at this point. I ran this test before my first response.

neilo

Thanks Eric,

I have temporarily set a test 'straight from the box' Contact Form SP (with HTML Editor applied) to send to the address you supplied, at:

contact_styled.php

Hopefully you will see the errors that we are seeing, or perhaps even more hopefully, you won't. Either way, a step forward.

Attached zip of WAUE files

Regards

EDIT:: - Have just set up a HTML Editor form to email with same presets and link, and this (without using UE) sends link OK - so this absolves HTML Editor of contributary blame!

Attached Files
WAUE.zip

lordmatrix

Eric, I just sent you an email to the email address specified using UE. Please let me know if you received it.

This issue is now becoming urgent for me, I would really appreciate a solution ASAP, if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: attached zip file with form and UE files used for testing.
Note: removed email address and server settings since we're on public forum, please see comments on code.

Attached Files
testmail.zip

lordmatrix

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  I ran this test before my first response.  

Eric, did you just write an URL in the email or you tested writing the HTML code?

try sending the email with the following code in textarea and you will able to replicate the problem:

Click <a href="http://www.google.com">this link</a> to test.

Furthermore, if you just write text "wrapped with quotes" the email body will display \"wrapped with quotes\"

lordmatrix

neilo, use the stripslashes() function, it works for me.

open WUAE_yourfile_1.php, at the bottom of the file, add the stripslashes() function. see the example below:

before:

$MailBody = $MailBody . ((isset($_POST["message"]))?$_POST["message"]:"");

after:

$MailBody = $MailBody . stripslashes((isset($_POST["message"]))?$_POST["message"]:"");

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...