close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Store cart details in DB

Thread began 10/20/2009 7:59 pm by Timespider | Last modified 10/21/2009 2:45 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1285 views | 3 replies |

Timespider

Store cart details in DB

Hi, I have read the getting started guide & read the forum here but cant get the "Store cart details in DB" behaviour to work. I can get the store summary in DB to work but it seems to only store 1 row or limited details. I also applied both but couldn't see the new session from the summary in the bindings when doing Store cart details in DB, & only the summary received the 1 row of data. I have also tried the checkout wizard, that didn't insert cart detail data either. My cart is just an email receipt & the payment is done manually so don't really need the gateway in the wizard.

Could someone help, could it be because I'm putting it on the checkout page & not the confirm orders page? .

Thanks Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Store cart summary behavior is only supposed to create one record. The summary should contain information about the person who placed the order and where it is to be shipped.

The store cart details server behavior will store a record in the order details table for each line item in the cart.

Sometimes the session form the Store Cart summary behavior will not populate in the bindings panel, if it is missing, you can add it manually. copy the session name form the save as option in the Store Cart Summary, then go to the bindings panel. Click the Plus button and select Session Variable, then paste the name to create the binding.

If the Summary is being stored in the database, but the details are not, the most likely problem is that a redirect has been set in the Store Cart summary behavior. Do not set a redirect in the Store cart summary behavior so that the code can progreess to the store cart details.

If you are still having problems, please send a copy of the page so I can examine the code to see what is wrong.

Timespider

Hi Jason, I have done what you suggested & it worked. I deleted the redirect in the summary then manually created the session & bound it in the store details, now both the summary & the details tables are full of the correct data including all the items in the cart. Hopefully this is all I need & I can now move to emailing the table as a receipt.

Thanks once again for the help. Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Excellent, glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...