close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data assist 2.06 times out

Thread began 10/20/2009 11:32 am by aaron5263 | Last modified 10/26/2009 12:42 pm by aaron5263 | 1921 views | 5 replies |

aaron5263

Data assist 2.06 times out

Im trying to use data assist 2.0.6 to multiple update records but it just times out.
I have only one field i want to update. i believe ive got it all set up correctly. what would cause this?? I also have dataassist search on the page. The idea being, first search for the records i want to update and then update them all at once.

The other strange thing is that in firefox the textfield that is repeated that updates the database field does not allow me to type anything in it. but in Explorer it does.

Do you have to map every column in the database even if your not updating it?

Sign in to reply to this post

aaron5263

got it working

not sure what it was. i rebuild the page and now it works fine except that in firefox the repeat field will not let me edit the value to update??? The cursor dissapears when in click on any of the fields. Anyone else seen this with firefox. works great in opera and explorer

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like a css issue. try disabling all css on the page to confirm.

if it works with all css disabled, slowly add back the css to pinpoint which rule is causing the problem.

aaron5263

works now in firefox.

works now in firefox it must have been CSS. Rebuilt page and it worked.

but now i cant seem to update more than a 10 or so records at at time without it timing out. what is the max records this can update??? Seems kind of pointless if i can do them all in one click.

If my return record set is larger than around 10 records it will time out. If i narrow my search results so that the record set is small then it will update the few multiple records. Anyone have any help for me? Seems like this product should be able to filter through big record sets without timing out the browser.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you have a large database, it can take a bit to update many records. By default, php will only let a script run for 30 seconds before it times out. If you need your script to run longer before it is timed out, you can increase the max_execution_time.

try adding the following at line 1 of your update page:

php:
<?php

ini_set
("max_execution_time""120");
?>

this will set php to allow the script to run for 120 seconds. If you need it to run longer, you can increase the number of seconds.

aaron5263

got it working!

Im not exactly sure what was the problem but i rebuilt the page. Then i made sure i ONLY selected the fields in the database that i needed to update and NOT all of them in the recordset. This made a big differance i think! Now its fast and i can update over 100 records a at time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...