close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CANNOT LOGIN To the POWERCMS CONSOLE

Thread began 10/18/2009 8:55 pm by Jackie340426 | Last modified 10/22/2009 1:27 pm by Eric Mittman | 4337 views | 11 replies |

Jackie340426

CANNOT LOGIN To the POWERCMS CONSOLE

Hi,

I've completed all the steps necessary to get PowerCMS running.

I am trying to login but nothing happens? I don't know why.
I designated a user and pass in the globals file...?

My link is at:

admin

Please help!

Thanks!

Jacquelyn Candelas

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you are trying to login and enter the wrong user name the page will just refresh with the same thing in the address bar. If you enter the correct username and wrong password you will see an access check in the address bar.

The username and password are based on the values from the globals file in the globals folder. You must ensure it is in the same directory as your admin folder.

Jackie340426

Still Cannot Login

I've loaded the entire CMS folder to my public html folder.
This means that the address is: CMS

The Globals file is inside CMS > WA_Globals > Globals File

I've tried to change the file 2 ways, I STILL CANNOT LOGIN!

#1------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://heartlitesinc.accountsupport.com" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Heartlites Incorporated" ;

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "../CMS/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your local testing server.
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "../CMS/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your remote server.

//iRite Images upload settings
$WAGLOBAL_Images_Folder = "../images/"; //relative path to your images folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Swf_Folder = "../swf/"; //relative path to your swf folder.

// Admin Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "jcandelas" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "password" ;
?>

#2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://heartlitesinc.accountsupport.com" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Heartlites Incorporated" ;

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "unknown"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your local testing server.
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/CMS/"; //relative path to your PowerCMS files on your remote server.

//iRite Images upload settings
$WAGLOBAL_Images_Folder = "/images/"; //relative path to your images folder.
$WAGLOBAL_Swf_Folder = "/swf/"; //relative path to your swf folder.

// Admin Settings
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_UserName = "jcandelas" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Admin_Password = "password" ;
?>

MickW

Jacquelyn,
try changing...

To
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://heartlitesinc.accountsupport.com/cms/" ; //Absolute path to your site folder.

Hth
Mick

Jackie340426

Still not working...

sorry it's still not working. I am so frustrated with this thing. I have had it for months and still not able to use it.

Jackie340426

Waste of time...

I have configured the Globals file to ALL possible WAYS.
I have checked all the posts on your site and see other people are having similar problems.
However, none of the answers given seem to fix my lingering problem.

I am on a deadline with the project I am working on and looked at webassist as a way to productively increase my business. This is the second time I've bought some of your products and had EXTREME problems both times.

The last time I uploaded PowerCMS, a tech support guy had to go in and look at it for me and the fix was in the Globals File. I've configured the globals file the same as the working one on a different server. Now - I am having login issues (?????) . Does this mean every time I want to add a CMS System to another database I will have this issue?
I have tried to config the Globals file in many differ and recommended ways and they still do not work. I am still getting a login screen.

I would appreciate someone could draw me up a support ticket please.

Thanks

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have got it mostly working, I now see what I would expect to see when I enter the correct username but the wrong password.

If I go to the admin login page and enter in nothing for the username and pass I get the page to refresh with the same values in the address bar. However if I use the username specified in your earlier post I get the failed access check query string variables in the address bar. This is letting me know that the username is correct and matches what is in the globals file but the password is not accepted.

Please try testing this further by updating your password in your globals file then uploading this file to the live site. Remember that case counts and you should not have any spaces in your password. Please post back and let us know how it is working for you, if needed I can open a support ticket for you on this issue.

Jackie340426

Password is correct

Hi,

I've check the password multiple times. Changed it - tested it.
Made sure there are no caps - I am typing the exact user and password and still getting nothing.

:(

neilo

Hi Jackie,

The closing form tag </form> seems to have been shifted from the end of your form objects (inputs and buttons) to just after the first textfield. That means that the 'Name' field is the only field that is actually in your form.

You may want to correct that in order to proceed.

Cheers.

EDIT: - The above in relation to the mailing list form on your home page.

Jackie340426

What?

Thanks for your post but I am confused. Didn't webassist write the code for POWERCMS?!!

I thought I just had to upload the CMS folder and change 2 config files.

How would a form tag get misplaced? Furthermore, what page? index.php in admin?

I need more instruction on this.

Thanks for your efforts but I seriously want my money back and will never again buy webassist program again. This has been going on for a week now and I still have YET TO GET THIS FIXED.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...